1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you out there...?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by theaterboy, Aug 27, 2014.

1. theaterboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So Im a gay male. And, yes, I would consider myself the more flamboyant (classic if you will) gay guy. I'm into fashion, care about clothes and looks. I hang out with girls and occasionally catch myself with "that voice."

But what I really want to know is: Are there more masculine gay guys out there. And if there are... are there ones who are attracted to more feminine ppl. Because I have tried dating guys who are similar to me and it has never really worked out. I just don't feel the connection that I feel like I would with a more masculine guy. That might be going into a whole other ball-game of my gender identity. But for right now I just want to know if there are more masculine gay guys who would be into me...

2. JamesDE

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    We have the exact same problem :slight_smile:

3. kizza111

I think they do exist, I'm somewhere in the middle of the 2 stereotypical extremes - for example, I hate sports, but I also hate clothes & shopping, I love beer and video games but also love a fruity cocktail and Mamma Mia! :icon_redf . In my experience there's guys of all types that like guys of all types. Granted, the masculine ones seem to prefer other masculine ones but there are definitely a lot of exceptions to that rule!

4. rockky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I consider myself to be a masculine guy and if I'm attracted to a guy it's usually because I can connect with him on stuff that I like to do. Yaknow, hiking, sports, grabbing a beer and going to concerts (indie rock scene) and stuff like that. That's not exclusively masculine or anything but it helps.

Generally not attracted to effeminate types of men (although the guy I'm into now has his moments lol) but I'm very open minded and wouldn't rule it out immediately.