1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What just happen?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BigHead, Aug 27, 2014.

1. BigHead

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Toward the end of the spring I met this woman. I had nothing but platonic feelings for her when we met. One day we happen to be at this club at the same time and danced together. We ended up riding home since we lived in the same direction that night and had a pretty good and friendly conversation. When we parted and said our goodbyes thats when things changed. :kiss:

The next day we ended up meeting up for brunch, what should have been about an hour turned into an all day event. We walked around town, talked about everything under the sun. I was amused by how much we vibe with each other. We began talking everyday via text and facetime. The next time we hung out things got very intense, everything was heightened. We had conversations about dating and decided that because we didn't really have time and/or availability to start something serious we would go SLOW. :eusa_liar

Our conversations and hangouts turned into every weekend, taking day trips, good night messages.. eventually we :***:. It was great. We spent a few weeks non-dating and courting the idea that we would eventually date once I relocated. (relocation for career opp. not relationship) I was still dating other women at the time and she was fully aware of it. She didn't mind because at this time she didn't want to be serious. I was seeing other people still because I didn't want to become attached to one person at that time. It seemed like a win - win.
    :icon_cool

One day we are discussing plans to hang out, she mentions the anniversary date of our first kiss. This through me for a loop because I still had a wall up. I didn't want to let anyone in, That wall didn't stand a :***:ing chance. I decided to introduce her to some of my closet friends. She introduced me to hers. I start to slowly focus on just her. She has now become important to me. I am starting to listen to her more intently when she tells me she is looking forward to us starting to date seriously.

Shortly after I finally open up. She closed up. :help: We essentially break up even though we were never officially anything more than just dating. I spend a little time trying to get her back because I have now sipped the kool-aid and think she is the best thing since sliced bread. We decided to be friends and things are cool, kinda. We still talk fairly frequently and I am still planning do everything we discussed in terms of hang out plans. She comes to visit me for a few days. According to her we have our first official date that weekend. I am again moving with caution because I know she still has some reservations about us. But she feels the need to consistently tell me how comfortable she is with me and that she likes me. :icon_redf We discuss us and what happen again. I remain in "we are just friends mode" even though I want more. A few days later as I am on my way to the city for business, I get a message from her questioning my motives in our friendship IN A DAMN TEXT MESSAGE. I was beyond offended. :angry:

We argue and end up taking space from one another. Once we start communicating again, I am still kind of distant because something that we said made me cautious of my actions with her. She invites me to hang out at a local beach. I go, we have a pretty good time. She is flirtatious and seems to show interest in me. But not to the point I think we are back to where we were at the start of the summer. I just think its just the kind of energy between us. Everything is cool. I still want to give her some space so I do not reach out as often. That was 2 weeks ago, now we don't speak even a quarter as much as we used to. Recently, she barely returns my messages. Basically, she won't speak to me.

What just happen?:help:

[p.s. while writing this I think I have an idea of what went wrong but it still doesn't explain us not speaking]

2. saa412

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are you both on the same page with what your expectations and desires are?