1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thought my mom was accepting, not so sure.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wuggums47, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

My mom's always been accepting of my sexuality, and when I came out to her as genderqueer she was fine with it. But now that I'm asking for estrogen, or to go to a gender therapist, or atleast start T-blockers she keeps saying no. I'm not really sure what to do.

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you know why she's saying no?

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

She might be fine with you, to this degree.

It is possible, your mother, may now, just be realizing how serious you are, if you're asking to seek a gender therapist, for estrogen and t-blockers. It may be sinking in that, oh wow, this really is true.

I could be wrong, but that isn't something to rule out.

4. thoughtbubble

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think your age is important. If you are young, then youR mom would be responsible for paying for this. She might also be hesitant because she thinks you are too young to know (I'm not saying you are, it's just a common thought parents have).

5. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Well, I'm 18, but still reliant on her. I asked her yesterday why she keeps saying no, and she said it's because there is too much going on lately with her having no income for the last five months and having to fight legally against my dad.