1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's she doing? clueless

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by saa412, Aug 29, 2014.

1. saa412

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My friend and I recently acknowledged a mutual attraction for each other. We first met at work and hit it off big time, but we don't know each other well. one night we were out at a bar together, I was drunk, and we kissed. The conversation that followed we decided to explore our mutual attraction.

But she keeps flaking out on me! I'm getting very mixed signals from her. We text each other a lot but one can't develop a relationship, friendly or romantic, via text alone. The last I actually said her was when I visited her in the hospital and she kissed me again. I try to make plans to get together and she doesn't respond, or she will start to make plans and then abruptly cut off the conversation. Then she'll text me and tell me she misses me and that she wants to get together, but we never do. But she bought me gifts! For example, tonight she invited me over to watch a movie and when I asked her what time I should be there I got no reply. I've tried to contract her a couple of times after that with no reply, and I've wasted the night waiting for her.

I'm confused as to how I should procedure here. I've been 100% honest with her from the start. When I've tried to talk with her about it the conversation goes nowhere.

Help!

2. Dakeli27

She's probably still uncomfortable with her sexuality. Give her support if she lets you and let her work things out first. Hopefully, over time she'll get more comfortable and you can get somewhere with your relationship.

3. Anonymous777

Anonymous777 Guest

I think she hasn't accepted her sexuality yet and she feels uncomfortable because of that.

Anyway, I also think she's not being fair with you. You should have a serious conversation with her about her mixed signals, even though she doesn't want to.

4. saa412

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe it's just too weird for her? Though, she is the one who suggested we explore our attraction. When we first met it came up in conversation and I told her that I'm bisexual. She told me that she's also been with women before. When we talked about our current arrangement, I tried to be very relaxed and let her know that there is no pressure.

I tried to contact her several times again with no response. When we're together she's on her phone texting al the time, so why can't she reply to me? I'm at a loss. Maybe I should just drop it?

5. Really

I don't think you can read anything into her unresponsiveness. I have a friend who is shit at replying to texts or emails. That's just the way she is.
    Maybe cool your expectations and do your communicating with her in person.
    If she spends her time texting while she's with you, ask her if you should go so she can have some privacy. Make it (politely) clear that she's being rude.