1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He wants to get back together... And I don't know

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MtnFr3sh, Aug 30, 2014.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't know how to respond. It was a long distance relationship to start with. And it was great. It was the type of relationship that I had missed after we broke it off. The type where you can't wait to talk to them, and love them more than anything in the world. Like you would take a bullet if it came down to it.

The breakoff was somewhat mutual, but he's the one that triggered it. I was already thinking our relationship must have been too good to be true. He had been having issues with depression, and ended up having a breakdown. His parents talked to him and they wanted him to spend more time with people who were actually around him.

Time went by and we didn't talk for a little bit. We eventually started chatting every now and then. Eventually he got into a relationship, and so did I, but mine was another long distance one with a guy who was too clingy and always wanted more because he's a navy guy, and lonely overseas.

I broke things off with the navy guy, and he and his recent relationship ended after asking if he was still interested because he had to move to go to college and they weren't speaking much.

So fast forward to last week. I showed him this picture
    [​IMG]

And he tells me he did this once. And it was a fling he had with a guy not too long after "he left me" At first, it made me laugh... But then I got to thinking...

"Was it really that easy for him to get over me that quickly, and to actually have sex so easily? After we were both committed together and loved each other enough to take a bullet, and promised to meet, and loved each other so much as to already be promised to move in together, even get engaged."

Now... now we're talking to eachother on facebook. And after asking me if I was a top or bottom (he always did weird things like that, it was one of the reasons I was attracted to him) I reply honestly, and ask why. he said he was keeping a "repertoire" or information on important people, I replied asking if I was really important, then, he said that I should have known that. Then, he sends me the following message

He meant he understood because I've been talking to him about my problems with my previous guy. It's not like I hadn't thought about it. I'm just... not sure... It seems like he almost got over me too quickly, not only that, had sex not too long after we broke up. And then had another relationship (not mad about that) But, about 2 weeks after they break up. He's asking if I've ever considered getting back together.

So... I don't know. Help me please... I've just been feeling really lonely lately anyway. Then, I speak to him, he tells me about the fling, and I start crying about him getting over me easily. Then I stand up straight, and say to myself. "I'm finally, really over you."

Now he's asking if I've considered getting back together... I asked him if I could have some time to think about it. And he agreed. I hope he doesn't see this since he's on EC too... But I don't think he's actually been on in a long time...

PS: I've been trying to get in tough with some local guys... And trying some legitimate internet dating. I feel that alone.

#1 MtnFr3sh, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  2. Mystory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's hard to say... My personal experience is that sex and feelings for someone are two different things... when you hook-up with someone or you have a "fling" with someone, its really just like masturbating. If he started dating again immediately after he "left [you]" then that is a different story as it involves an emotional connection. Can you two actually meet up in person or will this be a resuming of the long-distance relationship that you had before? If it involves no physical contact then I strongly advise against it because he will just have sex or hook-up with someone in his immediate vicinity after some time and you will be hurt again

3. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    We would be resuming the long distance relationship, at least for now...

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How old is he? Did you ever meet in person? I think your expectations were way too high. Even if you weren't a teenager, it's unrealistic to promise to move in together and get married with someone you haven't met in person. Now that he's asking about sexual stuff, I'm kind of concerned. If he's an adult, it sounds very inappropriate and makes me question the whole scenario.

5. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Nonono he's not asking about sexual stuff. Legitimately, he's just goofy like that, we always had sexual conversations in a really joking way. He's 17, like I'm about to turn. I may not have met him in person but our feelings were sure as hell legitimate.

6. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Guys... He might ask me next time he sees me online on facebook... And I would like some kind of response ready... Most of these replies have been follow up questions...
    The reason the hookup bothers me is because I'm still a virgin, and soon after he left me he hooks up...
    And he's not the type to cheat... But... I just don't know, it makes me nervous and i would like some help besides questions... Sorry