1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my friend doesn't want to hang out any more because I'm lesbian

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by stocking, Sep 2, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My friend and I knew each other since high school , we got in touch with each other a two years ago on face book . A few months ago I came out to her as lesbian and well our friendship went from her always texting me, all the time to not texting me at all to ditching me on my birthday . Recently she sent text apologizing and saying the reason she didn't come to my party was because she didn't have any money to buy anything;Which I really don't care ,I just wanted her there that day . So we have been arranging a day when we could meet each other face to face she had not seen me for a whole year , but every time we have to meet she has some excuse .
    I'm starting to think it's because I'm a lesbian she's acting this way and not because her life is busy , she hangs out with other friends besides me too and even told me when i asked her to hang out I've got plans I'm meeting such and such and hanging out with them . :dry:

2. Missrancor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hmmm I believe that if you really want to know and not have any doubt about this, it would be best that you talk to her directly about this issue. Ask her if she feels uncomfortable because of you being gay and why she feels that way. If by the end of that conversation you realise that this friendship cannot continue anymore just remove her from your life.
    It definitely sucks but it's best to spend time with people that really like you and want to be in your life. You shouldn't subject yourself to a negative relationship.

Of course if it were me I would probably skip the conversation altogether because simply I am apathetic and I can't be bothered with these kinds of things...and also I am not the most socially adept person in the world. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Emmanuella

You know what? I wouldn't even bother with her at this point. Stop pursuing this friendship....if YOU mean a lot to her she will have to start putting in some effort. If she still doesn't make an effort to keep the friendship alive then she was never worth your time. I'm not a huge fan of friends who are only friends for convenience.

If she has a problem with your orientation she should say something. It could be possible it is something else entirely too?!