1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like me straight guy friend. Advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mathew, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Mathew

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've been friends with this guy at school for about two years. I started to have homosexual attractions to him a few months ago. At first I tried to ignore it, but now I can't stop thinking about him. We're in the same class for everything on high school. In PE when we get changed seeing him in is undies makes me want him so much.

I'm bisexual. I haven't come out to him.
    At school everyday we hug and touch each other's butts. He jokingly called me his boyfriend once. He often kids around with me, he's pressed himself up against me and pretended to the rest of our friends that we were gay together.

He's not homophobic, hd supports gay rights also. I really don't k ow what to do. If I come out to,him and tell him how I feel he night feel the same way and I don't want to ruin our friendship. Please, any advice would help?

2. BiErik

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not an uncommon conundrum for some of us.

I need a little more information, you said that he plays around like he is gay with you, does he onlydo it in front of people?

What is he like when you and him are alone?

3. Mathew

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    We haven't really been alone much. We don't really do sleepovers pr anything.

When we are alone though it's usually sorta the same. We touch ea h other's butts.
    One fine he was being playfully annoying so I licked his face as a joke and he seemed to ki da enjoy it. I also threatened to do it again another time and he turned his cheek to me and tapped him with finger like pointing at it.

4. robclem21

Do you trust him? I assume that you are not out everyone at school. If you think you can tell him and he will keep it a secret you really have nothing to lose. The way I see it, having these feelings for him will probably ruin the friendship sooner or later because you will become jealous when he is with other people etc...

If he doesn't reciprocate it will suck but at least you won't be chasing something you cannot have, and maybe it will bring you closer as friends if he knows you trust him.

If you don't think he can keep it a secret then maybe better to push the boundaries a little more and see how he reacts... or more information for us may help.

5. BiErik

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, how old are you guys, I don't mean to get too personal but are you between 13 and 18 or are you adults You don't have to give exact numbers of you don't want to.

6. Mathew

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    We're both 15.

7. BiErik

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay.

This may sound strange but sometimes young men that she experiment. Basically what I am saying ids even if he is touching you, kissing you and so on doesn't mean he is gay. It's notalways easy to tell. But you may want to let hI'm know there is more to it with you.

Is it like a game, like when he touches you does he laugh and horse around?

8. phony

It's normal teens doubt their sexuality, he might or might not be gay, I think you should take it further like i don't know, staring at him at an obvious way or something, maybe he gives the first step.

9. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think... if he's not homophobic, it's probably safe to come out to him. And it's probably you're best way to find out if he might feel the same way. If he doesn't say anything, maybe after a while you could tell him that you think he's cute, or you kind of like him or something.

Let us know how it goes :slight_smile: