1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MorganPrefect, Sep 3, 2014.

1. MorganPrefect

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    A friend of mine insists that my parents are abusive. My father starts arguments just to argue. He once held me down and forced me to drink beer(I was eight). Whe he starts the arguments he will hit you if you keep arguing. The other day he grabbed my brother by the neck for talking back. My mother is constantly watching and makes sure I don't talk about anything she doesn't like. The only way I got on here is a three year old NetBook they haughty I destroyed. She also told me I was broken for not wanting sex. And forced me to walk around shirtless after I came out as wanting to be a girl. And yelled at me for trying to put a shirt on.
    I am terrified of their judgment and the revilent of the extended family if I am weak and run (especially if they think I wast being abused which I am still not convinced I am I think I just have flawed parents)but fighting back terrifies me even more. Can I do anything? Is this even abuse?

2. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Yeah, I faced something similar with my alcoholic father. its abuse. How old are you?

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is abuse. Forcing you to drink alcohol is very cruel. I'm sorry you had to come out under those circumstances. However, you are not weak. The problem is that because you've endured so much, you begin to assume it's normal or "not that bad." Don't think so much about their judgment because they are not worthy to judge.

+1 to what's your age. It can be tricky. Stick close to your brother (and other siblings).

4. MorganPrefect

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning