1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Handling a person who has a crush on me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by EpicConfusion, Sep 4, 2014.

1. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This girl that goes to the teen center with me has a huge crush on me (my mom to me, she works there and is friends with the girl) and is planning on asking me to a dance in the next few weeks. I think I might gay, and I am definitely not interested in a relationship with a girl right now. She seems nice, but I don't feel like I know her very well. I have thought about going as friends, but I don't want her to get the wrong idea. If I say no or make an excuse not to go, that would hurt her feelings worse though... I am not ready to come out as big/gay to my family or anyone yet. I'm just not sure what to do about this.

2. BiErik

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, relax. It's okay. Now that you have done that, you say you aren't sure whether you are gay or not, but you say you think you might be, give this a shot, if you find you are more like a buddy to this girl that should give you an idea.

But it's just a dance, you aren't marrying her.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

You can tell her you're not into her without it having to do with you being gay. Even gay people reject other gay people we're not into. You just gotta let her down gently; It'll hurt her but It'll honestly hurt her worse if you lie and pretend to be into her. You could go as friends, but you need to make sure she doesn't get any ideas that it could lead to more.

4. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys! I think I'll give it a go and just make sure she knows I'm not interested in her romantically. I really appreciate the input :slight_smile: