1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he into me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Fallenfromgrace, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Fallenfromgrace

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey so i'm sure this thread just adds to the many on here about people wondering if they're feelings are reciprocated but humour me please.

So my neighbour (not sure if he's gay or not) has been giving me these vibes. I've only recently moved to the neighbourhood. We're the same age, and we also go to the same uni.

My biggest issue is that he's known to be a really nice guy (I know this is a good thing but not when I can't gauge his friendliness). We have mutual friends and they all say the same thing, but i've yet to ask if they think he's gay because I really don't want to start rumours, especially if he's not.

So the reasons why I think he likes me: He often comes over and talks to me when i'm walking up my drive (our driveways are right next to each other) and usually engages in conversation first. I've had days when I haven't wanted to talk and he's called out to me when my back was to him..

On our second chat he added me on fb while I was standing there.
    He laughs awkwardly around me (which could be taken either way hey) but to be honest he usually tries to prolong conversation. Also we make a fair bit of eye contact, but its kind of hard to tell if thats normal or not.
    At uni he's even come into a study room while I was with one of my friends that he'd never met, just to chat.

He even came out with my friends and I one night (when I told him where we were he dropped what he was doing and came right over)

Yes, I know he could just be really friendly, yes its crossed my mind that he might just be lonely (even though he has heaps of friends?) but I just need people's opinions as to how likely you think it is that he's interested.

I am pretty attracted to him too which doesn't help cos I don't want to get my hopes up.
    He's had a girlfriend in the past but they're not together at the moment. I honestly wouldn't have picked him as gay, and I keep trying to put him out of my mind but its really hard when I see him around all the time.

2. shinji

shinji Guest

This will be cheesy and stupid but try it, never fails me. Next time he starts up a conversation and is more direct/personal/friendly, tell him this with a goofy smile:

"hmm, are you hitting on me?

Two options here:
    - he says yes or some form of it like "why do you ask" (it's an indirect yes) "would you mind if i am" (again a definitive yes), etc...
    - he says no.

If he does say no, and you wish to push your chances, you can reply with:

"oh, damn, was hoping you were"

If you don't want to push it.

"hah, relax i'm joking, wow your face is really red"

Pro-tip, do pay attention to his pupils and face color when you two talk and especially when you say this to him.