1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I am losing my best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wilzyax, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Wilzyax

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi
    My best friend which has always been there for me are turning against me, or at least it feels like it. We do everything together, always has something to talk about, and he usually call me every day and always up to do something together.
    But lately he has been very careless. An attitude like "I don't care" and "I don't have to be around you all the time", and it really hurts.
    I ask him why, and he say he does not know why he is so careless.
    Just a month ago he called me his best friend, but know I feel like a burden to him everytime I am around.
    He does not call me anymore, and most of our texts end up in a fight.
    I really don't wanna lose him, but I told him that I won't be around much longer if he does not stop being so cold and careless.
    Did I do something stupid?
    Why is he acting this way?
    We were very close, and he used to idolize everything about me, but now he is so negative when it comes to me, I can't take it anymore!
    Please help!

#1 Wilzyax, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey! Does your friend know you're bisexual and is your friend straight? Perhaps he started to develop some feelings for you, but he is not comfortable with those feelings (yet).

Has anything happened that would cause a change of his behaviour?

3. Wilzyax

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    He does not know I am bi, and he claim he his straight, but we are very touchy with each other, and at our last sleepover I ended up cuddling him while sleeping.
    I always thought he had some feeling toward me, but too afraid to admit.
    But what should I do?
    I told him that I won't be friends anymore if he did not stop.
    I feel so insecure right now :frowning2:

4. shinji

shinji Guest

Don't put an "ultimatum" because he might just call your bluff, and let's face it, you are bluffing.

From all the countless possibilities of him acting this way, i am willing to bet that he has simply become tired of you or has other stuff on his mind. This is not as bad as it sounds! Just give him some space, play the "hard to get" game for a little while and his interest will peak again.

From what i read, it sounds to me that you are acting a bit too clingy and are taking him into consideration more than yourself. If he wants to spend time with you, make him work for it, don't just be available all the time. Next time he asks you out just tell him "yeah okay, i'll call you later when i'm free" and don't call...

Also, next time you get the chance to cuddle with him, make sure he's not asleep so you can get this one sided infatuation moving, how long do you plan on "liking" him without being sure about his feelings towards you?

If you are too afraid to risk your relationship with the above idea, focus on just not being so "needy".

5. Litveninko

Omg, same here! And I really don't know why she is acting like that. But I told her and tried to get an explanitation, she said that I became cold, and always fight with her. But I'm not.
    Anyway, I have noticed lately, that I'm emotionely wrecked, so its affecting my friendship with her. So I think YOU or HIM, have some issue and its affecting your friendship. So just see who has the problem, and if its him, try to soothe him. Good luck.

6. cibi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if he's ur best friend then give the guy some space
    how come he doesn't know ur bi ? i mean not even a suspicion ?
    if a guy would start to cuddle with me while having a sleepover i would have to
    start to use my brains eventually and figuere stuff out.
    but maybe that's just me

7. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he claims to be straight, but happens to be touchy, then it might be possible that he has some feelings for you. He might not want this, so that's why is reacting cold. He might be confused.

What do you mean with "I told him that I won't be friends anymore if he did not stop."?

I suggest you give him some time. It may be difficult for you to do so, but it's probably the best idea. Forcing him to talk to you will make him even more confused.

Cheers,

Quem

8. emc2

I think he is behaving the way he is now is because he is trying to get a grip of his own mind. I think he feels he is losing control of himself. And therefore his behaviour is rather erratic. He may have some feelings for you but he is trying to avoid acknowledging his own wants or sexuality. I would think that when you're not around him, you're always on his mind. If that is so, then he maybe trying to get you out of his mind. This may explain his distant coldness towards you when you meet him. But of course, all these are only assumptions. He alone would know the reasons for his current behaviour. I hope he will come to his senses and accept himself as soon as possible before your relationship messes up further.