1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. FreeFlow9917

Hello guys and girls of EC. I know it's been a while since i've been on but im back for today or some set of days.

So back to the main topic, I have been going through some heavy boots ( :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) in how my mom told me i can tell her anything. Well i feel like i can't because she wouldn't understand the complexity of the situations i've been through and she secretly hurt me. She said a couple years ago when i told her who i was, she said she wanted grandchildren. Now up to today we've been keeping it a secret of my homosexuality, but i can tell she is uncomfortable with it. She tries to avoid it any way possible. She defends me a lot and tries to stand for me a lot, but i feel like i cant talk to her about myself because of how what she said to me a couple years ago. It feels as though that a lot of people can't connect to what is happening in my personal life and how my parents wouldn't understand what i am.

2. rayan

rayan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I might be the worst guy to tell you what to do . My mother's response to my coming out was not anywhere near good . But not all mothers are alike .
    There are two ways for such a situation :
    -× You have already told her that you're gay before , thereby she does have a clue and yet never tried to change you , did she ?
    She avoids talking about thinking that you might get uncomfortable talking about it and she is waiting for you to make a move first . And so an honest conversation will work out .
    -× You told her the truth about you years ago , younger than 16, and perhaps she thought like most of the families that you are going through a phase .Not bringing this subject to the table for years may have raised her suspicion . Thus you have to try to start a conservation about it with your mum.
    Good luck buddy

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in a similar situation, but I'm 25, so I can't say I know what will happen, but I can give some advice.

First, you having children (and yes, even if you're gay, you can have kids) is entirely your business because you're the one who would take up the primary responsibility. I know it's ingrained in our society (I think due to evolution itself) that people should have children, but that doesn't mean it's right.

However, what you do need to do is try to bring up your sexuality and not take no for an answer. Your mom avoids it as a way of denying it exists. Tell her you appreciate her defending you, but also you feel hurt by her silence. You should also try talking to friends because they can help a lot in giving you support.

4. FreeFlow9917

Thx. I really need two things.
    A person to talk to
    A Boyfriend.

She also tried to tell me that she was a lesbian, but I knew it was a lie. Idk but I feel like even though I can ralk to her about everything, I just can't talk to my mom about it because she doesnt really know how to help me and I dont know how to help her. In some way I feel like she's disappointed in me for being who I am. I know she loves me, but is so weitd. I've tried to talk to her many times and it ends up the same. Grandkids and phase.

I don't know if she supports me or just is uncomfortable with me being gay. Hell she even called it an exoyic lifestyle. It pissed me off and made me sad in the fact that she thinks it's a breeze. So why it's she sending me mixed signals