1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

persuing a relationship with a possibly straight person

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by cumberbatched, Sep 4, 2014.

1. cumberbatched

I have just met a girl I really like but I think she is straight. With some of her body language towards me it seems like she might be flirting but I could just be misinterpreting it because I have a crush on her. I have never been in a relationship with a girl before so I don't really know what I'm doing and I'm not sure how she would take it. With previous conversations she seems to be supportive of different sexualities but I think she might get weirded out at it being directed towards her.

2. Civiel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What kind of hints are we talking about? And would you say that she does this around other people too?

Girls can be hard. Especially because a lot of girls (especially the girly-girls from my experience) tend to be much more comfortable with saying things like "I love you", or hug or even kiss their friends. Speaking of which: how long have you known her? Do you consider yourselves good friends?

Hang in there! And good luck :icon_wink

3. cumberbatched

I haven't known her long, which makes it harder for me to tell. As for the hints, she like pokes me in the hips a lot, and once (during a class activity) we passed each other and somehow ended up grabbing hands and our hands kind of slid down each others wrists until we were too far away. Also, she hugged me from behind one time, putting her arms over my shoulders and around my neck. I have noticed her interacting with others girls sort of similarly but I don't think it's quite to the same extent.

Thank you for the support! :slight_smile: