1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conflicted Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by EmmyLou, Sep 4, 2014.

1. EmmyLou

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My girlfriend and I are having a hard time. Things have been great for a while. We mutually agreed not to tell our parents. But she has recently become very afraid of her parents finding out, and has become distant as a result. She feels guilty for hiding such a big part of her life from them. She doesn't want to end things with me, but she said she doesn't know if she could ever tell her parents. She doesn't know what to do, and neither do I. Has anyone been in this situation?

2. Really

Is she worried about a negative reaction? Or just generally freaked out about having the conversation? Are you more out than her? Do you have stories about coming out to people that might calm her so that she might start to imagine the possibility of telling them?
    You might find someone's story here which parallels hers that you could show her to ease her anxiety a bit.
    I think you need to make it clear that you just want her to begin to feel more comfortable about the whole thing so she can decide when and/or if she's ever ready to tell them.