1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush problems

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ResidentTheatreKid, Sep 5, 2014.

1. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so since a little while before coming out I have had a crush on this girl (for the purpose of this thread I will call her Amy, ok?) And it's really frustrating. She's the first crush I have EVER had. I came out to her and developed a serious crush on her on the day before we broke up for summer (my sort of timing, I.e: terrible) and she was the sole reason I was excited to go back to school. I have been making more of an effort to be around her recently, because she's into a lot of books I am and I pretty much just love being around her so much, she's amazing. Within the last few days, she has hugged me several times, because I've been upset about a character in a book dying or just because she could. Today at lunch, she went away from her normal group of friends so we could sit alone, and because she had cramps. I gave her a hug and we stayed like that for 30 seconds or so. She knows I'm a lesbian and I'm one of the only people that knows she's bisexual. I literally was incapable of maintaining a normal heart rate during the next lesson.

The only thing is I don't know if she truly likes me, or whether she regards me as a really good friend. My best friend is adamant she has a crush on me, but I'm not sure. And what the hell do I do if she does like me?! Do I ask her out, how the hell does at that shit work?! What if she won't want to be around me because other people don't know? What if I cause her to be bullied?! (I would seriously hate myself. And other people.) And you know... I'd hate to break up with her :frowning2: and she is lightly friends with my ex (a guy. Big mistake.) Which might be a bit awkward... but I really like her. I really really really like her. :frowning2: I don't know what to do :'(

:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

2. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Bane

Winnipeg, Canada (aka temporary paradise)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Address your feelings to her and if she feels the same as you do for her, take it slow. Hang out for a while until you or her has build up enough courage to ask out the other on a date.

Be brave. If she doesn't feel the same way, at least you'll know she isn't interested and you can move on.

Hope I was a little helpful.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have only just returned to school and have had a number of weeks to think about her, during which time your feelings haven't faded one bit. With the closeness you experienced today, it's likely your heart is on fire. Stop! Take a deep breath and just step back a little. You don't need to rush into anything right now as you have a full year to get to know each other better and find out where things really stand between the two of you. Rushing into things at this stage could backfire, so try to be patient and let the friendship develop first and see how things go.

5. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, I'll try and go easy and not embarrass myself :frowning2: I've never had a crush before, it's all so confusing >.<

---------- Post added 7th Sep 2014 at 08:24 PM ----------

Ok, I'll try to calm down a tad and not embarrass myself :/ I've never had a crush before, this is so weird >.<

6. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I made the mistake of telling my best friend a while back, and she's told a few others and now a whole load of people know and keep dropping not so subtle hints to her, so she's been asking me who I have a crush on, and if it's on her, and I've had to deny it which has probably set me a few miles backwards because now she thinks I have a crush on someone that's not her, so even if she did like me in the first place she probably doesn't any more :frowning2: either that, or because I've denied everyone, she suspects it's her. Which I would prefer. ;-;

7. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And my best friend has told a girl that is friends with my crush, who i am certain has told my crush. I am so angry, I thought I could trust my best friend and she just goes and tells her friend, without my permission, and then can't even keep a straight face while apologising. And then starts showing me pictures of her new cousin as if nothing's happened and she expects me to give a shit. It's not so much even that my crush knows, it's just she's abused my trust when I've been keeping secrets for her for 3 years, and the very first secret I have she spills within a week. I'm so furious it's untrue, and she doesn't even understand why, because, and I quote 'can't have her crush either'

So now I might as well have no friends, no crush, and no-one to talk to :frowning2:

---------- Post added 9th Sep 2014 at 03:26 PM ----------

And I think my crush is creeped out by the fact I like her :frowning2:

8. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I'm sorry for bumping this thread, y'all... I know it's like, over a year old, but I see a lot of this type of thread here. I just wanted to say that the girl I wrote this thread about has been my girlfriend for 6 months now :slight_smile: Shit can sort itself out, no matter how difficult it gets. It got to the point where I had inadvertently outed her to our whole school, lost my best friend and thought I'd ruined every positive relationship I had. And the other day, we had a sleepover, I met her family, we watched Love Actually and we kissed.

Crushes aren't always the end of the world, I guess XD