1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she gay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NDark, Sep 5, 2014.

1. NDark

I have a female friend, whom I will not name for her security. We've been friends for quite a while, and very close friends at that. A while back, I developed a crush on her, and I couldn't tell if she was gay or not. She would joke about lesbian sex with me, to the point of scissoring with me in the pool (not in a sexual way) and doing what she called 'toe sex.' She'd often touch me and yell, "You just got raped!" or vice versa if I touched her.

As well, she was comfortable with us cuddling for long periods of time – up to forty-five minutes – and she would frequently hold hands with me in public places. Besides that, she had an appearance that pinged my gaydar and still pings it. When I admitted that I had a crush on her, however, she told me that she would always be my best friend and said afterwards that we'd only be better friends thanks to that. She's joked about my gayness, especially when I first told her, but never in a mean-spirited way. A while back, she became depressed and was diagnosed with psychosis. She often wants to hang out with me, and when I tell her I can't, she becomes upset.

By now, I've gotten over her, but I've begun to wonder if she is gay. It certainly felt like it, and she isn't overly feminine in actions or clothing. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Well, her not being feminine doesn't mean she's gay lol. There are plenty of feminine lesbians out there.

To answer your question, though, I'd say she's probably queer and in denial. Her depression may even stem from being into women.