1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to meet other gays?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by EpicConfusion, Sep 6, 2014.

1. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would like to meet other gay or bisexual men, but I don't know where to start. I live in a very small town, and there's no GSA or PFLAG at my school. I'm not out at all yet, but when I am I want to try and find a boyfriend. Any recommendations?

2. Atala

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't have many suggestions I'm afraid, but I just wanted to say that I have the same problem girl-wise. Just where ARE all the butch women??????????????????

Suggestionwise, all I can think of is a) Plan your holidays in places where there is more of a gay scene b) consider online dating and c) get involved in lots of different activities, just meet people, and hope that some of those people are gay.

Are you planning to stay in this town?

Anyway, hope this helps a tiny bit!

3. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely not. I would like to move somewhere where I am at least close to a big city with a gay scene. And I not really go on holiday... I'm still a teenager and my family can't really afford it.

4. Psijic

We seem to be in the same situation.(*hug*)
    I'm planing on moving after I graduate or when I get enrolled in a university (maybe even move abroad?). But right now, I don't think I'll find a gay guy around here. Actually, I have, but we were so different we just didn't hit it off.

5. luckycar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I live in a small town but not only is it small its also rural, southern, and homophobic. Other than trying to meet people online I would suggest networking with people that you already know. I have friends that are also friends with other lgbt people and they have been showing me off to them. To me this seems to be the best way so far for meeting others that are local.

6. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^^ This is good advice.

Also plan ahead for when you finish school because university life will be a life changing experience, or if you are going straight in to work then consider moving closer to a bigger city.

7. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys! I'm not going to color necessarily, but I would like to go to a vocational school for welding, and then use the money I make as a welder to pay for a blacksmithing college.