1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really like her, but...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jellydonut, Sep 6, 2014.

1. jellydonut

There is this girl in my creative writing class who I absolutely adore. Like, I am so into her its ridiculous! shes smart and beautiful and cute and we hsve a lot in common, and we get along quite well. But, i have a problem.

Well I guess technically I have two problems..

First, I'm really new to girls. I have known that I am Pansexual for a while, but I don't really uave any experience with girls, so i dont know how to even go about anything with this girl or flirt with her or anything, I feel like a big oaf. I can't even tell of she's really interested in me or if what I see as flirting is just her being friendly... She called me beautiful, and I thanked her and told her it was surprising since nobody ever calls me that, and then she sent me another text calling me beautiful 13 times (i counted).

The second issue is a bit bigger. I'm not out of the closet yet. some clase friends know, and I think the girl has probably picked up on it by now haha, but my parents don't know. I want to see if i can really give it a shot with her, but I'm not ready to come out to my parebts (i don't think i ever will be, that's just how it is), and I'm not in a position where I can move out. I've tried coming out to them before and it did not end well, and we haven't talked about it since. I don't want her (or anyone for that matter) to think that I am ashamed of them or feel like I'm hiding them, but I don't want to miss this chance with her, because I fept an instant connection with her when me met.

2. jellydonut

..nothing?

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try coming out to her. If she asks about your family, be honest. I think most people understand the fear of coming out to parents.

4. jellydonut

I decided to casually bring it up in conversation that I swing both ways (er, I guess, every which way), and that my parents are accepting of other people but I'm not sure how they would feel if I came out to them, and as it turns out, she's not really that far out of the closet either. She tried coming out to her mother, but she just ignored it and continues to pretend like she knows nothing.

So we're kind of in similar situations, sort of, which definitely helps and makes me feel better about everything (thank you, resu!!) but I'm still not 100% sure about the next step...

5. 2Scoopzz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You both should just take a moment and just forget about your families' opinions for once and just focus on the opportunity in front of you....you like her and she likes you which is fanstatic....you don't want to look back on your life 50 yrs from now and say "I didnt have the lady balls to do it" Honor your parents but remember that this is your life and you deserve to be proud of yourself and to be happy! Go for it:slight_smile: