1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Friend will no longer talk to me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by love4all, Sep 6, 2014.

1. love4all

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, three months ago in June, I finally got the guts to tell my best friend that I am bi and have a crush on him. He accepted me for who I was, but a week later, we were in an argument, and wouldn't talk to me anymore, so I told his cousin. His cousin thought I was obsessed with him, told my friends parents, and then my friend, who shall be called "Bob" texted me telling me that we would never talk again. He said it wasn't because of me being bi, but because of my "obsession" with him that would always cause arguments. I do have to admit, I was a bit obsessed with him, considering I liked him.
    But now I am without my best friend and the person I most cared about. He has not texted me since.
    I just can't believe he will never talk to me again, I mean, we were best friends throughout all of high school!! Won't he eventually miss me???
    I also need advice on how to not become, er, "obsessed" with my straight best friends...it always happens! I can't lose another friendship!

2. love4all

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I really miss him...

3. Bane

Winnipeg, Canada (aka temporary paradise)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry to hear that, I dealt with something similar with a bi-curious fellow about a year ago. We had an amazing connection from the start but then he suddenly stopped talking to me as if I no longer matter months later. I miss him a whole LOT but it's probably for the best. He seems to be out of my league anyway. I guess it was my own fault for pushing him away for being clingy and dependent on him.

He'll miss you if you mattered enough to him to remember you. I'm wondering the same for that guy. Does he miss me? I just don't know.

For the last part, as long as you don't "flirt" with them so much, you should be on the clear.

4. love4all

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the reply!
    I mean, we were best friends throughout high school, he did take a break from me last year, but that was only for a month! He also said he still cared for me before he shut me out...
    And sorry about your friend. :frowning2:

#4 love4all, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  5. love4all

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just don't know how long it will take to forget him..if he does never talk to me again...

6. Bane

Winnipeg, Canada (aka temporary paradise)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's okay, it'll be painful at first but as days, months pass by, you may not even remember his name. I'm here if you want someone to talk to.

7. redcode13

Out Status:
    A few people
    if he stays out of your life, i swear, by the end of one month, you'll start caring a lot less about him than you did before. it's very, very hard to see how you can ever stop missing him - but trust me, surround yourself with other friends, avoid contact with him, and you'll eventually stop missing him so much.

i've had a similar experience, my obsession with my friend caused us many arguments, but it also led to my friend emotionally manipulating me to the very unhealthy state that i'm stuck in now.

in any case, if you guys were really best friends for so long, i'm sure he'd miss you in one way or another. you should give him some space, at least a month. it'll give you time to reflect on the situation, and maybe by the end of it, you'll realize that you really don't need him as much as you thought you did. if you still miss him, talk to him and see if he's willing to be your friend again.

8. love4all

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks you two, if I do need someone to message to personally, it will be you two!
    Anyway, for the first couple months, while sad, I wasn't depressed about losing him, you know? But for the last week I have been thinking of him non stop. Thankfully, he doesn't use a Facebook anymore, I lost all my old pictures of him when my old phone died, so yeah..
    I just can't believe he still hasn't messaged me yet. (He might have messaged me on Skype, but I deleted the conversation without checking if he did. Also, I was without a phone for a few days...don't know if he messaged me during that time. But I guess that doesn't matter. It just seems so out of place for him to do this, I am still confused!

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I told my friend I liked her a month ago, and she was very nice about rejecting me...and we stayed good friends for a while. But lately, she won't talk to me at all and has been ignoring my messages, so I feel it was my feelings that scared her....I don't know. It sounds like it was the case with this guy too. If you ever need to vent about it message me, because I totally understand the pain.

10. love4all

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Awe. :frowning2:
    Will update you guys if anything happens or if I remember anything more!

11. love4all

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sigh...just texted him, updated him on my very sick friend and put this down: and remember that we can always work stuff like this out, because no arguement probably is worth it

That's what he told me last year. :frowning2:
    Hope he talks to me again...I might just ask my Mom to talk to his Mom (my Mom already knows the situation)

12. scub

the reason you're thinking about him more now is because as time goes on you kind of lose hope that you will ever see them again. i know this because i felt the same way when i lost contact with a close friend. i didn't think about it as much at first, but now that year has gone by i find myself thinking about him a lot more..

i really do not think you should be contacting him.. it's only going to cause you more pain. if he is your true friend he will come around. if not, then you know he wasn't really a friend. also, in the future, you should not tell people to have feelings for them unless you're sure they are also gay or bi. it will typically make people uncomfortable and this is probably why your friend stopped talking to you.