1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could he possibly like me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mygalaxysky, Sep 6, 2014.

1. mygalaxysky

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So for two-three years now I have been mostly talking to females and those will the female anatomy who identify otherwise. But last Summer and this Summer a guy has caught my attention. I thought nothing of it last Summer, but this Summer he grew on me. Even though I practically gave up on guys, I wouldn't deny my feelings and understand when I get butterflies.

Now, I am confused about myself most of the time, but for now I am female. I typically carry an androgynous style and I have not figured if that is how I would want to identify. I typically dress in a male fashion and have a short haircut, messy, and no make up of any sort. People give me double looks a lot and look at me a lot as well. Some have even mistaken me for male, but my friends think it's silly and would never take me for a guy.

The reason I explain this is because the guy I was previously talking about looked at me quite a bit. I have had this style for about two years now. My parents even notice when we would go to his work and shop. One day though, a thought came to my ind randomly, "What if he's gay? Maybe I shouldn't try talking to him." My parents thought that was silly so I quickly discarded that idea. One day, I finally got the nerve to look back at him several times, and he was definitely looking back. Then out of nowhere he talked to me and asked if my gauges had hurt. I quickly responded a short answer and asked about his industrial. I had not had such butterflies from a guy in such a long time. The next time I went I was too shy, to say anything or really look at him again.

Here's the thing though, he went off to college and my interest didn't go away. I managed to find him on Facebook and took some initiative, but then the thought came up again, maybe he was gay? I asked my friend who worked with him and she said he talked about dating guys a lot and showed much interest in them. Not sure if he was strictly gay, or simply interested in guys. I added him finally, but I'm not sure if I should talk to him. Is it possible he could have mistaken me for a guy? My feminine voice should have given it away. But apparently during my second visit, before I found his Facebook, he still looked at me, according to my Mom. How a I to know if he is actually genuinely interested in me? Did I read the signs wrong, over-think everything, or am I just paranoid? I always said I would prefer dating a guy, if at all, who was interested in guys because of my confusion of my own identity, but I never thought I would come to this issue.

So what do you think? I have simply thought of messaging him on Facebook, since he did accept. But I'm just not sure. I can usually imagine the perspective of the other and see how they would view this shy stranger from work talking to you, but not this time. So some advice on this matter would be extremely appreciated! Thank you:slight_smile:

2. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    From what you've said, I would say that he's at least slightly interested. The fact that he was openly looking at you at least implies that he found you attractive, whether he initially realized you were female or not. I would think after speaking to you he would have realized, but maybe not. But if he doesn't know you well and he accepted your Facebook request, then I think there might be a chance that, yes, he's genuinely interested. If you're really unsure if he's realized that you're anatomically female, then you can always find a discreet way to bring it up. What pronouns do you have Facebook set to use? I think that would give him a clue if you've got "female" selected, because Facebook will refer to you as "her" or "she."

Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm really bad at reading people (my ex-girlfriend had a crush on me for two years before I realized it, and that was because she told me outright), so there's a fairly good chance that I'm rather off-base here.

3. mygalaxysky

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On my Facebook I actually don't have a gender or interested in section because I took it off because I prefer no labels, but my name is typically a female name. I have it set for female pronouns though. I do have pictures on Facebook of my friends and I at a beach, so it makes it obvious by my attire. I almost worry if I make myself seem as if I'm lesbian, but the fact I added him I'm hoping he gets the picture, unless like you said he is just oblivious.

Thank you for the reply! I'm just not sure what I would say if I were to message him first. The conversation of gender, sexuality and what not would be sure to come up if we were close though, spending time together, or simply talking.