1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he gay or just being friendly?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dmk2020, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Dmk2020

Dmk2020 Guest

Hi everybody! So I don't post very often, but I figured this was worth a post. First of all, I'm fairly new to being openly gay. Not everyone knows, but I'm comfortable enough to say it to anyone who asks. My point being, I still don't have a good grasp on whether a guy is interested or not. With my recent sitation, I met this guy through work. I work at a grocery store, so it's really easy to meet new people. This guy happens to be a coworker. The other day, we were working together, and he started asking a lot of questions about my personal life. Like where I was going to school, what type of people I hang out with, and what I do in my free time. Then today, as I was leaving work, I saw him working outside, he was busy so I didn't think too much about it. He saw me as I got to my car and waved. I waved back, and he came over to the car. He asked me small things, like if I was done or coming back, and what time it was and all that good stuff. Then after we were wrapping it up, he said "It was nice seeing you today" and I was like "you too" and then I just sort of left. So my dilemma is that I have no clue if he's interested or just being really friendly. I haven't told him I'm gay, but maybe he knows? I don't know. Would a straight guy do these things to another guy? My initial response is no, but I don't really know either lol. Any advice or comments? I'd appreciate them! :slight_smile: Even if it's just what to look for in the future!

2. ghost_in_the_sewer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tbh, i think hes just trying to be a friendly person and having a good conversations with co-workers. Maybe you should talk to him about LGBT and maybe tell him that you're gay or whatever and if he already knows that he must be trying to be friendly. Most of my straight guy friends did that kind of stuff to me when i met them at work or school. But if he does starts to get all flirty when you guys are hanging out and starts being touchy and stuff, maybe you should consider that he might like you. But yea, he must be trying to be friendly to his co-workers and stuff.

3. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only time will tell. Just wait and see what happens. Maybe you could ask him to have tea or coffee with you?