1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My roomie/friend admitted to having a huge crush on me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Beetle, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Beetle

So I was playing a video game the other night while my roomie/friend was watching. We've known each other since 2012 when we were in college. Anyways after I got done, out of nowhere she told me that she had a crush on me, and apparently she's had it for a couple years but was too scared to tell me. It caught me off guard so I kinda barked out a "WHATTT" which probably scared her even more. Not gonna lie I always feel awkward in these situations.

She asked a lot of questions, which for me are hard to answer. She asked if the feeling was mutual, so if it wasn't she could get over her crush. But I do like her a lot, and have since the beginning of this year, so I told her it was. We proceeded to stay up to 8 am (yikes!) talking about it.

Though we would like to have a relationship, we both talked about how being roomates and friends could complicate things if the relationship turned out to not work, and the fact that she hasn't told her family that she's bisexual and they're not too LGBT friendly from what she's told me.

Not sure what to do...I haven't dated very many people so...yeah.

2. Redbud123

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, as far as relationships not working out, it doesn't always have to end badly, you know. I've had two girlfriends that I'm still on good terms with. Relationships don't need to end with a bang, or even hard feelings.

That being said, I think you should give this new relationship a chance. I believe we are being constantly presented with opportunities in life, and it's up to us to recognize and use them. The fact that you like each other, and she mentioned it first, not to mention that she just "happened" to fall right into your lap, being your roommate and all... Well, that's what I'd call a golden opportunity. Nothing in life is guaranteed, but you can make the most of what you're given.

You'd regret not trying simply because you were afraid it wouldn't work out.

So I say, go for it!

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I think you should give it a chance. It might work. Even if it doesn't work, you can still be friends.

4. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Redbud123 and Fallingdown7. Give it a chance and see how things work out. It's worth a shot I think. If you don't do it, you might regret it later in life.

5. Beetle

Yeah we're going for it. We cuddled last night and stayed up to 6 am marathoning some shows and it felt so nice.