1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Middle school gay crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Really confused, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Really confused

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay so I have this really huge gay crush on one of my friends. We aren't like best friends because he's new to our school but he's so hot and people think he might be gay but it's just rumors. I'm in the closet btw because no one has came out yet in our school. So we started out being friendly but he asks me where like some classes are when he probably knows where they are and he always smiles at me and he walks me to some of my classes. I really can't stop thinking about him. I make excuses to see him. I talk loud so he can hear me and I talk to people surrounding him and he does the same. It's really embarrassing and he has a girlfriend but his friends kind of pressured him to ask her out. I want to at least be better friends with him and I have his number but I feel awkward texting him. How can I show him that I like him in ways that can be covered up easily and how can I hang out with him more like go to his house and stuff. His friend is going to a beach with him for spring break and I really want to go. I'm pretty good friends with him but not too well. I just can't get him out of my mind I really just don't know

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A textbook example of a crush! Boy you have it bad. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I, along with almost every other gay teen, have been where you are and it's a frustrating situation.
    If you're bent on making him like you, just be friendly. Talk with him, text if that becomes a thing between you two. Be friends.

But I wouldn't assume or ride on the rumor that he's gay. He has a girlfriend which, for now, is indicative enough of his being straight.
    Of course, it's always a possibility that he's closeted, but I suggest you just get to know him more. Maybe in time you'll be able to tell more whether he's gay.

However - this is a crush, so don't let it overwhelm you.

3. Really confused

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks! Is there anything I can say to him that will let him know I like him or at least a way for us to hang out?

4. SomeNights

Remember, you should be his friend before you try and be his boyfriend. Even though you like him, if you're closeted it's possible he doesn't even know your into guys. You should talk with him and get to know him more. Specifically I'd focus on what his opinion is about gay people/movies/"culture". Maybe even bring up that you head a rumor about him and was just curious if it was true or not.

5. Really confused

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay thanks I'll try that but I don't know how to like be good friends with him because we talk a lot but he's really popular and like he hangs out with all the popular guys.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Be a good a listener. If you pay attention and bring up something you remember, he'll do the same for you (assuming he's nice himself). Try to find common topics, and ask questions so he can tell you about how much he likes something.