1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Coming Out as Trans Less Uncomfortable for Ex-Boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Magnus Bane, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Magnus Bane

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I plan to come out to my former boyfriend tomorrow. I broke up with him because I wasn't romantically interested in him, just unsure what liking people was, not because of gender identity.

I know that he reacts super straight around our gay friends who teasingly flirt with him, but I also know that he is generally an ally.

Besides simply saying: "Having dated me, a boy, doesn't make you gay, and everyone who says so can eff off," is there anything I can do to make him feel less uncomfortable about it? I still really like and respect him as a friend, and I'm expecting that once I'm out at school he'll take flack for having dated me (though our school is PRETTY good about it).

Any advice at all would be grand. :newcolor:

2. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't really offer any advice, but you are right that you and him will most certainly have to deal with some people who are assholes. All I can say is good luck, and be yourself :slight_smile: Hugs and kisses.