1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Potential Date-Classmate (inbetween)-Me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gleeko0, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Warning; long!

Recently, I changed to the nocturne period of my course after 1 and a half year studying in the morning period. Of course, this implicates social re-adaptation. I didn't go alone though, my wingmate switched to nighttime classes with me, for several reasons, ranging from professional to interpersonal relations.

In Brazil, classes are separated by course and not by subject, which means my course's class will be composed of the same people throughout the course's duration. So, we are either "the morning period guys, or the night period guys".

We were not oblivious of the night period people though, my and my friend we are extremely activate academically. We have known them since the course's start, and we watched some classes at night last semester before officially switching.

So, there is this guy, which is not my classmate, lets call him A.

A and I, we've known each other's existence for a while, but we first spoke last semester during one of those visits to the night classes. I noticed he was very open and friendly to me, and during our winter break (jun-july) we spoke a lot in facebook, and even almost arranged a date, although it didn't work out. He is very sweet, and seemed genuine about his feelings although no declarations were made. I now feel bad for getting his hopes up, because as soon as I spent a few days studying by his side, I found out he truly is not my kind of guy, although he seems to be a nice person, and was nice to me.

Guy B, also studies at night, the same class I'm on. We've known each other since last year, pretty much. We held some academic meetings and he was there. I vividly remember the first time I met him. When I greeted him for the first time, and looked deep in his green eyes, I grasped a little of his sincere being, his innocent look showed me someone with an open heart that is hidden behind a wall that will only be transgressed by genuine feelings worth of what is beyond it. It filled me with fascination, desire, and interest. That stare, that warm hand, his expression. It was a magical moment, a special feeling, that I buried away with the thoughts that I would never have the slight change of pursuing further.

At that time I didn't knew if he was into guys, and he is like the SUPER reserved kind of guy, I didn't go far.

I found out B actually goes out with guys, and my almost 1 year old sleeping feeling awakened, there I am again; crushing on someone.

By this time A must be aware that I am not interestet, but he is still visibly interested. The worst is, I also found out he had an HUGE crush on B, and B rejected him a year ago.

Incredibly, for me, B has been very open about speaking with me, and I made some active moves in pursuing contact with him, including asking for "help" in class, which he positively granted, despite being VERY, and I mean, VERY quiet, reserved and even almost introverted. I asked B if he had any plans for the holiday, unfortunately he had, but the message that I want to go out with him now is there, up in the air, and I am confident to ask him out for this next weekend. We shared lascivious looks across the class last Wednesday, we even did it and laughed it out. By this time he probably seized my intentions, and since I pretty much asked him out yesterday, he now knows I will go for it, and I am so happy! But the situation with A is bothering me, a lot. He tried to come over and tell me his feelings, but I avoided him, twice. I don't know if he is aware of what is going on between me and B, but once he founds out, I'm afraid he will never even look in my face.

I never, ever, thought I'd be considered by B, even less, I never thought I'd be in a situation where I am working out something nice between a guy that I already liked long time ago, that was someone's crush, being myself this person's new crush as well.

I don't want to lose A's friendship. He also is class representative, and I almost have a position at my University, not only I need a good relationship with classmates, I also need a good relationship with class reps. Not only that, but I also like A. But the current situation points me out as a betrayer :T.

Its not like I started liking B because I wanted to drive away A's feelings. I liked B way before that, I just thought I'd never have a chance, and now I'm having it!

On the moral side thought, I feel bad. And its getting to the point where I don't know how to handle the situation.

But I do want to go out with B, I really do, I am confident there is something special going on, and I want to pursue it!

Advices please :S? How do I handle this if things escalate? Can I avoid an escalation? I stopped fueling A's intentions long ago, but its now pure inertia

#1 Gleeko0, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  2. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I meant:

So, there is this guy, which is now my classmate, lets call him

Guy A is my classmate. God, how I didn't see this during proofreading :icon_redf