1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holding hands in cinema=normal?? HELP!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kronux, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Kronux

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alright, another story you may have heared more than once, but anyway, here it is.

Some months ago I told a good friend that I have feelings for girls in general. I always found her very attractive and the fact that she likes to cuddle a lot makes it even worse. I wasn't really falling for her then, but now I don't know if I have serious feelings for her.
    But the crazy part about it is, that we were at the cinema yesterday (with another friend) and she just took my hand, holding it the whole movie. The other friend asked us why we were holding hands and she was just like 'why not'^^ She also cuddles me alot and it wasn't the first time she held my hand in public... :icon_sad:

She doesn't talk about her feelings at all and she never told us about a crush (on a guy or girl) or anything, but I really think that she's straight (eventhough the hand-holding-thing really confuses me). She recently began to write with a guy on her phone like a lot (who really is an asshole and 'played' with a lot of girls) but she doesn't want to talk about it when we ask her about it.

So can you guys tell me if it's normal to just hold hands in the cinema with your friend (if you know that the person is probably gay/bisexual)? Should I just forget about it, because it isn't such a big gesture? (Like it felt to me):help:

(And sorry or my english, it isn't the best, I know)

2. Anonymous777

Anonymous777 Guest

Well, she could try to support you or she could have feelings for you, I don't know.

In my opinion, holding hands is a big gesture, but I'm a boy. Holding hands is more common between female friends.

Sorry, but I can't give you a better answer.

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it normal to do it..? I did it with a girl in cinema, but we were in a relationship with each other. I agree with Anonymous777, it's likely more uncommen when it comes to men.

However, she might have some feelings for you, or she is just a really good friend of you.

Cheers,

Quem

4. Really

How old is she? I think the older she is, the more likely she is purposely "sending a message".

Could be she "knows" you're ok with girls so feels you'll be fine holding hands because she likes to. is she cuddly with others? That might show you something about her baseline behaviour.

#4 Really, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  5. PurpleGrey

If this were a movie, I would be yelling at the screen how obvious it is she likes you. Unfortunately, this is not a movie, so absolutely everything that holds true in movies is anyone's guess in real life. Such a pain!

I agree with Really. You would have to compare her behaviour to how she acts around other folks to get any idea of what the situation is.

6. DreamingLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's normal between girls i quess.My female friends always hold hands,cuddle,hug and kiss each other from cheek.