1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My boyfriend and I argue!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lil legs, Sep 8, 2014.

1. lil legs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys, so it's obviously not uncommon for couples to argue, but tonight was just silly, we're kind of a long distance relationship, only live 82 miles apart, we saw eachother from friday evening till sunday evening when he had to go home and now today we've argued stupidly and I've felt quite rotten since he's left, we just want to know if either we're both argumentative because we know it'll be weeks till we see eachother again or simply because seeing eachother has lost it's touch, because when we first started seeing eachother we'd feel amazing for a few days afterwards, now it's quite the opposite. are we just arguing to no reason though? thanks

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is a reason for everything. Sometimes, people argue when they're faced with external stressors (friends, family, work, etc.), taking it out on loved ones. Other times there's a lack of communication that leads to misunderstandings or wrong assumptions.

You could just be past the honeymoon phase, and now some quirks are getting full attention. It's important to realize that you can't completely change someone to never irritate you. You just have to pick your battles wisely. I've always liked the phrase "I will take care of me for you, if you take care of you for me." You each have most control over your own behaviors.

What was the argument about, and how did it get started? Did you apologize to each other, and do such apologies usually last? Is one person too dominant? Is there passive-aggression?