1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My family seems careless..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Litveninko, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Litveninko

I came out to my close friend, and she decided to help me. So she came over my house, and I told her everything about me "literally" and she said that she can tell my mom, not like : hey, your kid is trans.
    Just hints.

So my friend started to ask my mom why I have sucha deep voice and my boy behaviour, since I have super high male Hormons (my friend knows, she just said that to open the convo) and asked if it was like that or changed, and that I should get my hormons checked. Mum looked at us and said : it changed, but my sister said it didn't change. And when I went away, they kept telling her, we are sure she will change, when she sees the girls at college. Then they looked at the t.v, like she isnt talking.
    After mins, I tried to open it again, and they didn't response
    they just seemed so careless and when I asked them whats the hormons check that they mentioned, they denied it and said we didn't say anything.

I don't know if my family ARE really careless and sure that I would change. Or they don't like anyone to get involved??

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your family probably doesn't want you to change. A lot of LGBT+ people come from families who are just shit at adapting to change. They signed up to have you. You didn't sign up to have them.

Sometimes, these families will come around. Other times, they don't. I sincerely hope your family is one of the ones that will come around. You are, after all, their child - you just happen to be a boy instead of the girl they thought you were.

Soon, you'll be able to get out and do whatever the hell you want. They'll have no other choice but to accept you. So hang on there. And good luck.