1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I send this email?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Wardrobe93, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Wardrobe93

No need for an introduction its all explained in the potential email. Just to clarify I have a boyfriend who I really like and he loves me a lot but.....

'Dear (Ex)

I don't even know why but I really loved you, I'm with someone else now but I think about you almost every single day. If I had one wish it would be that I didn't love you. I don't even think we were massively suited to eachother but I see your picture and my heart crumbles, Ive never felt pain like it. You may never have spoken ill of me but you also know how to lead someone on. I still love you (Ex) and I wish you loved me as much as I loved you. Sadly that will never be true and I accept that, I miss you so much and I'm sorry because I know reading this will make you feel bad, but you can console in the fact that I have felt a hundred times worse for a long time,

I am now completely out to my friends and family and couldn't feel better about it all. My parents have met my boyfriend as have my friends and I no longer hide who I am.

You're an incredibly gifted young man and you're going to be a success. But you had the chance to also have someone who loved you and you blew it. You will therefore be alone

So I sincerely hope you have a good life and just hate that I won't be a part of it,

Love Always,

(me)'

Should I send or not? ADVICE NEEDED!!!

2. LD579

It sounds like you're sending it for your own benefit. While you're perfectly justified in how you feel, I personally would suggest not sending it because of the tone of the letter, which kind of reminds me of how some people try to show their exes that they're better without them and that their ex made a big mistake. The fact is that everyone makes mistakes and we cannot force them to learn from them. It might just create unnecessary animosity, and I feel like it's best to be on as best terms as possible with people for any opportunities of any sort down the line. Of course, it's up to you, and this is just one perspective.

3. Wardrobe93

i understand what you're saying but the thing is i won't need him because I am so in love with him i couldnt be friends with him. theres also no chance of me bumping into him anywhere. I'd love him to say he wants to make a go of it! I just want him to want me!!

4. Holly82

Don't send at all. Just don't contact him at all anymore.

He won't be alone, and neither will you. There are plenty of men out there, enough for the both of you. Learn how to end a relationship with grace and having a good relationship becomes that much sweeter.

5. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok... I had a relationship where those toughts crossed my mind, but to write an email expressing them seems to me pointless... Exactly what do you think you'll get by accusing him? Do you think he'll benefit and change his ways, or that you do him a favor?

I wouldn't send this. I would have a coffee with him, tell him "it is over", if he asks I'd tell him the reasons, and if I don't think the final conversation is being good for both, I'd just pay for both coffees and leave the place with a cold "Goodbye, live long and prosper".

6. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, my first feeling, before I had even read the post and all I knew about this thread was the title, was no. If you have to ask, you know there's something wrong about it in the first place.

From what you've said, you have another boyfriend now, your family has met him and thus, I assume, are being at least marginally supportive. The problem, I suspect, is not what your ex, who you are not friends with and who you likely will never bump into, thinks about you. The problem is how you feel about your current boyfriend, your family, and so on. Focus on that and write them letters if you think it will help, but I wouldn't send this email.

7. offmychest

offmychest Guest

U r with someone else now. Dont send. This is disrespectful to your new relationship. You probably need to be alone and single until you can get over ur ex

8. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm in two minds about this .
    I can see the positive aspect in having to move on with your life and sending the email is getting your feelings of your chest.
    BUT
    I may be wrong hear 'dont bite my head off' some of the email is like rubbing his nose in it look at what you could have had ? look how happy I am now ? I would say something like Your in the past now. am getting on with my life hope you can do the same