1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Father Left Us...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by IG88, Sep 10, 2014.

1. IG88

Yeah so...recently after many years of marriage my dad walked out on my mom and me. I also discovered that he is an atheist (I am a Christian), he cheated on her with another married with little ones woman, and was a frequenter of sex clubs with S&M! :eek:

My dad seemed so sweet and kind before I learned about this, but it turns out that he's an amoral :***: scumbag. :tantrum:

I told him that I never want to see him again. He made me so upset I couldn't see straight.

I'm going to tell some close friends what happened throughout the following week. I'm also going to see if I can attend counseling sessions (providing I could afford it).

2. Blossom85

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you and your family.. It is sad when someone we trusted and loved turns out to be someone we thought they never would.. I think counseling sessions will be a good idea for you and all of us here at EC are here for you.

3. IG88

Thank you. It's all so surreal.

4. Silver Springs

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. This must be so horrific for you, I'm so sorry. I hope you can get counselling, that's the best thing for you right now. (*hug*)

5. Dakeli27

That's really shitty of him. However, as hard as this may be to hear, don't let a personal experience make you think all atheists are amoral. The vast majority of us would never do something this bad. That said, I think counseling is a good idea if you can afford it. Something this big emotionally should be talked about with someone who can listen and give professional advice.

6. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don't hate him, just don't. He won't get the damage, but you will.

7. IG88

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts. It's not that I think all atheists are amoral, there are plenty of decent and good atheists. It was the complete shock of thinking the person you love was an atheist masquerading as a Christian. Same goes for if you thought your friend wasn't racist, when they are secretly filled with hate.

I actually tried to muster hatred toward him, but all I come up with is contempt and disappointment.

It's funny, he actually thinks that I'm going to resume talking with him as if nothing has happened. Not a snowball's chance.

8. IG88

I'm starting therapy sessions next week, hopefully this will help.