1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm really lonely...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by EpicConfusion, Sep 12, 2014.

1. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm lonely in terms of friendship with normal everyday people, but also I wish I knew some other gay or bisexual people. I'm not interested in a relationship, but I just want people who understand my struggles.
    I know all you are here for me, and I appreciate that, but it's not the same with people in the flesh you know? I'm homeschooled by choice, but even at school there are no open gay people, (That I'm aware of) and no GSA. My town is tiny, boring as hell, and overrun by homophobes. It's hard being lonely when I'm trying to cope with myself. There are some things you just can't express in words like I'm posting here.

2. DragonDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can try using apps such as G****r or etc, although i would be wary of them. Just state that you are looking only for friendships. Other than that, im not sure other ways to meet gay people :frowning2:

If that doesnt work, just rant away here, and I'd be glad to give you some advice/input :slight_smile:

3. Ned B

Adding to what DragonDude said, my boyfriend has been trying to make friends on apps that are largely used for hook-ups and dating. I guess I met one of my current friends on a dating site too. While this can sometimes work, you are probably going to have mixed results, and be aware that even some of the people who say they are just looking for friends might try for something more.

If you don't mind me asking, how many years do you have left of homeschooling? Things will certainly get better once you get a chance to move somewhere where there will be inherently more people like you. Meanwhile, no matter how small the town, there has to be other gay people there. The trick is going to be finding them, which won't be particularly easy since people are less likely to be out in small communities, especially homophobic ones. But they are definitely there, probably just as lonely and isolated as you. Recently I found that I actually had quite a few LGBT friends and classmates in high school, I just didn't know who they were.

I'm sorry if that wasn't particularly helpful.

4. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is my last year of school. It's just hard to know if there are any LGBT people if I'm never around them since I don't go to school you know? I could try asking friends. I know a girl that is pan, and she would probably know some people who are LGBT.

As for using gay apps, not really an option because my parents are fairly concerned with what I do online, (thank god for incognito mode chrome) and I don't really want them to see that. I'd rather stick with EC.