1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very talkative

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Abdadhie, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Abdadhie

I came out two weeks ago (to the day) and I do go on about my sexuality. Someone told me to shut up the other day. One one hand I felt like he was right and that I should really shut up but on the other hand I felt like he was the one who should shut up and stop trying to 'steer' me. Is it normal to talk about your sexuality a lot when you come out?

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Before coming out we hide our true selves and suppress our thoughts and feelings. Everything gets stuffed away deep inside the closet and we either tip toe around the issue of sex and relationships or simply lie and pretend to be someone we are not. Coming out takes away all of that pressure and we are finally liberated to speak freely and openly, so there is little wonder you have plenty to say right now (you're probably making up for all of the times when you couldn't talk). :slight_smile:

Our sexuality is an important part of who we are, it will influence the future direction of our lives in a number of ways, so don't feel bad about talking about it right now. As you adjust to being out it will become less of a talking point for you and others.

Well done on coming out, by the way.