1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not really friends with any of my friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dayday4, Sep 12, 2014.

1. dayday4

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, I'm in high school, which means a lot of the issues I have are because I am in this establishment. Anyhow, I'm getting sort of disassociated with my friends. Like, I'm not actually friends with them in the way I would like where we can go to the movies and make jokes and just generally hang out, but that's probably due to my anxiety. You know the friendships you see between other people that you want, that instant insane closeness. I'm kind of always not quite in a group of friends with either me wanting to be in their group, or wanting to be out of their group. And it's not because I'm fickle, I still am friendly with them, I only leave a friendship group in the means of sitting with them if something bad has gone down or I can't stand someone because they were discriminatory towards someone else and that's only to get away from a situation or that person . My mum describes it as not finding my tribe yet, which gets lonely and dumb. Plus the fact that the people I want to be friends with, are close friends with other people, and it almost seems like an intrusion to even talk to them while their 'better half' is there.
    I feel like I'm not being a good friend to the friends I have, the people I don't sit with anymore because of this one person I want to drown in lucifers waterfall for breathing the same air as me. I still talk to them sure, but it's like we've somehow lost a friendship level.
    Anyway, summary, I don't have like minded friends, the only Lgbta group in my area is in the city, I don't have my license as of yet, there are no non church youth groups in my area, I want to meet my tribe where are they?
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you for reading this post pubescent rant

2. Fruit Topping

It's not that bad. Maybe go out and find some more friends from other schools or around the community. I'm still in high school and my close friend list is pretty low. Everyone else I just tolerate since I got classes. I go to a catholic school and the only known lesbian, it's hard I gotta admit that. Constantly being reminded that I'm gay, your lucky you got other people in a lgbt group. Guessing your age, you should be on your last year of high school. Your probably not going to see any of the people at your school after school ends so why not just get your self out of that shell and say hi to people you dont often talk to. Spark a convo

3. I'm not as close with my friends as I'd like to be, either. I mean, I text with some if them fairly often, but when we do, we don't talk about anything, really. Just silly things. While that's nice, sometimes I just... I dunno. Wanna be serious, you know? I have one friend I can really talk to, but she's only taking one class at our high school this year and works all the time, and I'm in marching band, so we usually just text each other a lot.

I honestly can't think of a way to make my relationship with them closer or more serious because I'm too nervous in the first place to tell them about some of my issues. I think I'm okay with it for now, though. It's my last year here, and it's nice to have fun with people who consider me their friend, even if no one thinks of me as a best friend.