1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I asked a girl out, but....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Bluesocks, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Bluesocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I shall change the identity a bit to avoid issues**

I met a woman for roughly 30 mins as we had a business meeting. 3 or so weeks later I called her up and asked her out to coffee, also letting her know it was not business related. She said sure and I gave her my number and were going to talk more next week to find a time. I am fairly convinced she took it as a friendly hangout rather than a date... Im not sure if there is a subtle way of finding out next time I talk to her. I talked to some friends who don't know she is a woman and think she is a man, and say that 'he' must assume it's a date, so just go assuming it's s date and be flirty. But it's such a gry area with women. Any suggestions?? :icon_sad:

2. Blossom85

I think the best thing is to go and be yourself and just see how the conversation flows and how things go.. You might go with the thought to act all flirty and it's just now what feel right at the time.. And you might go with the opposite thought.. To treat it as a hangout with a friend and again once you get there.. It doesn't feel right.. I know it's not a definitive answer, but I think just go with an open mind, and just subtly try to suss the situation out when your there.. The more you talk, the more you will soon be able to pick up signs.. With women, it is very different, and asking someone to go out can be interpreted in both ways, platonic or romantic, depending on that persons feelings towards you.

Your friends are giving you advise on what you are telling them, but you aren't telling them the whole truth, so they can only give honest advice based on the facts you are presenting them with.. Knowing it is about a girl.. I would be more on the side of caution and just see how it goes at the time and what the feeling is like when you are out together.

3. thekillingmoon

A friendly start is not always a bad idea. Get to know her better. Does she like women? Observe how she behaves towards you. If she flirts, she might like you too.