1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I just get asked out on a date? Is it just coffee?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tayb24, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Tayb24

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, recently I met this really super cute chick in one of my classes. I mentioned how I was in the Gender and Sexuality Alliance to her, so I'm assuming she knows I'm not straight. Anyway, I happened to get on a bus she was on after school and we ended up talking for a bit and she suggested that we got out for a drink sometime. Gave her my number (this was yesterday) and she ended up texting me about this weekend asking what I was up to. I told her I was free Sunday and she asked me if I wanted to grab coffee with her, to which I obviously replied yes.

So, I've never been asked out before and I'm not even sure if it is a date or anything, I mean it could just be coffee, which would be fine because she seems like a super cool person to hang out with anyway. I don't even know if she likes women or not. She kinda looks like she does. She has a short pixie haircut and likes to wear muscle shirts sometimes, so I mean, kinda sets my gaydar off a bit.

I really want to believe it is a date but like I said, I've never been asked out before So I really don't know. Can anyone give me any insight, or advice?

2. RainbowMan

Here's my advice (as someone that's never been on a date - look at my age for whether or not you take it :grin:)

She's asking you out for coffee - whether this is a precursor to something more all depends on how the two of you hit it off there. All dating relationships start with something innocuous like coffee - no commitment, just coffee. What it leads to from there is up to the two of you, and it could quite possibly be something more substantial. So I'd treat it like a date without the pressure - show up looking nice and whatnot, but just sort of take it casually and let it go where the conversation takes you!

I'm sure you'll be fine!

3. Yosia

It sounds like what i call a before-date, which is like not a date but could lead to a date very shortly. Try your best anyway! Not all relationships come straight from 'real dates' ^.^

4. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, this is somehow a date. :icon_bigg It's indeed more a before-date (like Sinon said), but she wants to know you so who knows what happens.. Good luck!