1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost, is he or isn't he?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TerrorStar, Sep 13, 2014.

1. TerrorStar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all, I'll try to keep this brief.
    So I met this guy last year - he was repeating the semester, and we then ended up in the same classes. We hung out not so much, but every time we had a chat, I felt something grow in me, a weird connection, soon turning out to me falling for me. (I'm still closeted) He was also sending out all these strong signals to me, usually acting around me in ways he didn't with all his other friends. Two semesters later, I decided to come out to him, he was pretty fine with it, we got closer.. Some time went on, and I decided to tell him how I felt about him -- he then told me he's straight. It was heartbreaking for some time. We stopped talking. Avoided each other. But after a while, we got back at it, talking and all. The thing is, lately, he's getting back to his normal acts of being flirty around me, looking deep into my eyes, etc. The question is, is he straight as he says, or what?

2. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only he can answer that question. Just continue as you were and he might be more comfortable coming out if his gay eventually, if not, you still have a good friend right?

3. TerrorStar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, thanks, although I guess it quite doesn't feel the same, being friends, when a part of me dies every time I'm with him.. It's like having somebody you long for stand right in front of you, as you reach out to them, your hand goes right through.

4. Kabuki

I understand that feeling. There's this guy I kind of like and even if I'm right there near him I can still feel the distance and I feel my hands won't ever reach him. It hurts, it does, but if he's gay or bi and in denial it will take him time to come into terms with it, and if he does feel something for you even more. It could also be true he is straight but a very attentive person, some people like to have eye contact and it doesn't mean they like someone, it happened to me and I felt dumb because I thought he liked me but he told me he was straight and that it wasn't because he liked me in that way.

I know it won't be easy, being friends and having this feelings of wanting to touch him and show him your love for him, but sometimes we need to continue on and take the experience as growth for the next time. :slight_smile: