1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aaah shit...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Abdadhie, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Abdadhie

I'm getting 'romantic' feelings for one of my friends. We're not good friends but friends none the less and I want to keep the friendship going which won't happen if i'm 'madly in love' with him. What I'm asking is if anyone knows ways to suppress these feelings.

Sorry for the clichéd post...

2. Kabuki

I don't think you should suppress them, in the sense that you shouldn't try to deny them and all that. I think you should acknowledge them, accept them as something that is real and carry on from there. Sometimes it's easier to let them go when you know you won't gain anything from them, so maybe doing just that might help. Suppressing them, in the end, will only hurt you more because you will be feeling trapped, in a fight with yourself and that's not going to be healthy for you if you wish to keep the friendship. :slight_smile:

3. ChameleonSoul

Even though this method isn't for everyone, one way that I've used to suppress romantic feelings is to find one thing about them that would be difficult to deal with if you we're in a romantic relationship. Even though it could end up being superficial in some instances, I have found it to be the best way to end my pining over someone without letting them know or having any feelings broken while still keeping your friendship intact.