1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learning to Let Go

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by IG88, Sep 14, 2014.

1. IG88

About a year ago I became facebook friends with a guy at work. Idk why, but I was infatuated with him. And although I don't think about him nearly as much as I used to, I was still hanging on to the fantasy that we could be together.

However, today I decided to let go. I deleted him on facebook and I hope to move forward without thinking of him again. He has a girlfriend, seems happy, and I don't want to jeopordize that. I'm puzzled as to why I became infatuated with him in the first place. Did I make the right decision by unfriending him?

2. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,

being his 'friend' on FB might not jeopardize his relationship, I mean you could just be casual with him etc, it need not be an issue. But letting go, that definitely seems to be the right thing to do for yourself, I think it will lead to greater peace of mind for you. :slight_smile:

3. Skov

Unfriending him was the right decision if you want to move on. Deleting everything you have of theirs makes the process a lot easier on you.

4. IG88

Thanks, I think it's a good start too. I'm not nearly as obsessed with him as before, and I don't think I can be "just friends" without something inside me hurting.

5. shinji

shinji Guest

No... and here is why:

Human curiosity!

In a few weeks/months/years you'll look for him again, just "to see what happened" and then you'll remember your obsession over him and again go through the same process...

Should have just unfollowed him and keep him as a friend.

Best way to forget an old obsession is to get a new one. Destruction is pointless as then you start to miss the things you "destroyed".

6. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree but it's much easier to find something new to be obsessed about if the guy from work is totally out of mind, d'you not think?