1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking rejection very hard.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PortRoyal, Sep 15, 2014.

1. PortRoyal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I go to school with a lesbian who I've had a crush on for quite a while. With the recent start of the new year and a class together I started dropping some hints that I was into her, she however very blatantly told me she wasn't interested. I've been rejected before and usually just get over it pretty quickly but for some reason I can't get this girl out of my head, and I've been feeling really down. What are some things I can do to help lift my spirits and move on?

2. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Just accept what is and what isn't. You can not force someone to like you. Put yourself in her shoes.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When one door closes, another will open. It's likely there was something special about this girl that you liked. Just remember that she's not the only one.

4. Blossom85

I know rejection is always hard, it makes you feel like there is something wrong with you, but there isn't.. If anyone is not interested in you or doesn't see potential there, then it is their loss, not yours Hun and they aren't worthy of your time.. Just remember that.. There might come a time when you will do the rejecting as well, not everyone will be interested, you just need to not take it personally.

5. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^what she said ^

6. PortRoyal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks guys, this definitely helped. I just have to keep my chin up and focus on the future, not what might have been.