1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I just end things?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sesshomaru, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Sesshomaru

There's this guy I've been seeing for about the past 9 months. We started off just as fuck buddies and then things began to develop more towards a relationship. During this time though he broke things off once by saying that he didn't want a relationship with me because he just couldn't picture himself being with me. While it hurt I accepted it and we continued doing our normal thing of having sex and being intimate such as dates and the such without actually being boyfriends. Well he decided to break things off once again later and then we ended up going back to where we were again and finally around 3 weeks ago he ended things once again after telling me that he didn't feel comfortable continuing since he would never be able to bring himself to introduce me to his family because of the fact they would judge me for my background which they knew about (mom is an alcoholic, dad was never around) even though I came out the exact opposite of what would normally be expected of a child in that kind of situation seeing as how I've moved out, have my own car and job, and have cut ties with my family as they were doing nothing but trying to impede my progress with my education and life in general.
    So said guy has since told me that during time we were together he didn't always enjoy me as a person but rather just the feeling of being with me sexually and the feeling of being able to be intimate and cuddle and go on dates and say sweet things etc. After being told the week before that I basically am his ditry little secret and who's never be introduced to his parents even as just a friend and now being told this I lashed out and called him out on everything. After which I was told I was bring manipulative and that I only focused on the bad things he said (which I did as I saw nothing good come from that conversation) and that I have everything wrong. With that in mind we just got over having a huge fight because he gave me the option of trying a friendship or just keeping sex without the friendship and nothing more. I chose the sex because I figured there was no way I could be friends with someone who until recently only viewed me as a sex toy. After asking him if he could be friend with someone after they told him something like that he blew up and we basically fought until we decided that it would be best if we meet to talk things out and then take a month break or so apart from each other before attempting a friendship. I honestly don't see what taking a break from each other is going to solve but I agreed to it just to be able to see him again finally.

I'm now confused on what to do when I do see him. One part of me really just wants to give up and remove him from my life entirely but another part wants to try the friendship since maybe, just maybe since we started things out with sex and then tried to move towards a relationship maybe if we were able to become friends it could lead to it. I can picture us being together happily if he weren't so against the fact that he isn't going to introduce me to his family (they play a huge role in his life as his parents are rich and he still depends on them) and I know that if they were able to accept me that it would be a big step forward. Other than the recent events between us things have been perfect. We both enjoy each other's company and we both share the same general life goals not to mention both agreeing that we doubt we'd ever meet someone else we're as physically compatible with as we are with each other.

So what do you guys think? Should I try the friendship or would it be best to just break things off here?

2. thischick7

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I say break it off. If you stay with this dude, all I can say is that the sex had better be worth it! You should never let anyone treat you this way.

3. Sesshomaru

So I'm not crazy as he's making me out to be that he's treating me poorly?

4. thischick7

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Dude, I don't know if you're crazy or not lol! Maybe you are, but definitely not because you think you deserve to be treated with some respect! This guy is a major D-bag. I'm sure you can do better dear!

5. P25

P25 Guest

Totally. Don't allow yourself to be anyone's dirty little secret. His behavior is not ok. I would move on. You deserve way more respect.

6. June Cleaver

The men always start out that way.it Can take years! The man I am seeing now three years ago when Michael and I had split for a while came around and we started" friends with Benefits" two months later Michael wanted me back so I asked could it be anything more? He said NEVER and I took Michael back. Several months later he bought me a house and I said NO! I was committed to someone else. He has been tearing my heart apart the last few months he wants his children's mother back while keeping me on the side! She can't or anyone else take him where I do sexually. I also am a housewife, traditional, make him king unlike. Women of today 30ish. I am not a barbie nor have his children. So get ready for lots of abuse! He is in love with me, the eye flash" wow moment" happens between us. My guy is straight, as they always are and are terrified I will be discovered! What is his excuse? Wednesday he admitted he is going for her and another guy has a love letter in my mailbox. One door opens as one closed. My love will be back when she's done using him,guys are stupid when it comes to women! Mine has done this shit for years. What can we do? Men just suck! June p.s. don't feel alone being used men always treat me like a possession (sex toy) . I attached a recent picture of Mr,no beauty queen here!

Attached Files: