1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yep, Another One Of THOSE Threads...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ChameleonSoul, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ChameleonSoul

Since this spring, I've liked this one guy that's a year younger than me. While we aren't very close, we do have Gym together, are in the art room at the same time (different classes though), and are in a few clubs together. I know for a fact that he is gay and he is aware that I know (it's a long story). However, he doesn't know about me. From what I've gathered, he is not out to everyone, but he is still farther out than me.

How would you go about this situation? I obviously want to become closer to him, even if it is only platonic. We do have some mutual friends and I have considered taking that approach. I just don't know if I should take this risk. I know this is kind of petty, but I really don't have any true experience with relationships. :help:

Any advice?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try something more direct than just mutual friends, unless those mutual friends know both of you are gay. In that case, you could ask them about if he has said anything about you.

3. ChameleonSoul

Unfortunately, I'm not out to our mutual friends, and honestly now that I'm looking at it, I don't even know how I would bring up the subject in the first place. If I do tell them though, and they know about him being gay, it might be a good idea to find out anything through them. Anyhow, I'll take anymore advice from anyone and come up with something more direct.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why don't you ask him in gym class what he's taking in art? When you show an interest in him, then he will start noticing you. That should be the icebreaker because you want to try to quickly see if you can at least be friends with him. Just pay good attention to what he says and try to bring them up in a later conversation.

5. shinji

shinji Guest

Just a random thought here… Why not go to him (when he is alone somewhere) and go like this:

*grabs shoulders from behind*
    *turns over*
    *stare into his eyes*
    “Do you want to be my boyfriend?”

The End

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with being direct, and if he says no you could save yourself the trouble of falling for him and trying desperately to be more than a friend, etc…

6. ChameleonSoul

Even though I know that there's nothing wrong with being direct, I'm afraid that I'd scare him off. I know it'd save me a lot of trouble and heartache, but I don't want to come off as a stalker by asking him without testing the waters first.