1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did this just happen?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheShyGuy, Sep 20, 2014.

1. TheShyGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just had my first kiss with a guy, and we're not even together.

Yesterday, in the hallway after class, one of my friends and his girlfriend come up holding hands. (Note that no one knows that I'm attracted to guys). A group of friends I was walking with looks at them in shock and the "You guys are dating?!" starts happening. After that, I tell his girlfriend, jokingly, "Hey (girl's name), you better treat him right, or I'll get ya!" Then, he comes up to me and says, "Aw, thanks bae" and kisses me on the cheek, for about 2-3 seconds, right on the cheek, barely missing my lips. In shock, I awkwardly walk away.

Now, we have been friends for about two years, and while is he is pretty good looking, I had never thought about him as a boyfriend.

Now, today, we were texting, making small talk, and this is a brief snip of our convo:

Him-Hey
    Me-Hola
    *small talk*
    Me-Serious question, are you bi? I've heard some people say you are.
    Him-No, but people say I act like I am.
    Me-Ah, okay. I don't really care, I was just wondering.
    *Convo changes topics*
    At the end:
    Him-*Well, I'll talk to you later bae, *kissy face emoji*

Now, even though he says he isn't bi, is he just denying it? Is he not ready to come out, (like me?) Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but, he kissed me pretty passionately.

Oh, and I've been thinking about it pretty much non stop since it happened.

Any advice on how to approach this? :confused:

2. igoloo2946

I'm just looking at your age and noticing that when I was your age (not to sound condescending being that I realize we are only 4yrs. Apart) nonetheless when I was your age I was really hormornal I guess? And a lot of the time I would think that other boys would be flirting with me because when they acted (like boys do sometimes) gay, I thought that there was some legitimatezy in all of it. It later turns out that those same people that I thought were in the least bit gay are now asking girls out to homecoming this week. Just be patient and careful. I know that it's hard but looking back on myself a couple years ago Im glad that I played it safe.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Sounds like he was teasing you, to what end is beyond me…

Why not do the same to him, start acting gay/bi with him but keep it… how should I put it, casual? You know… don’t do anything drastic like go for a kiss on the lips but, be more “touchy-feely” and maybe a joke or two about his girlfriend like – “hey if you and <whatsherface> brake up, I’m making you my boyfriend!”, or the more passive response “hey if you and <datgurl> brake up, can we become boyfriends?”. Obviously you should put the best goofy face you can and say this jokingly … Depending on whether he is more passive or active in his personality you can change up your behavior towards him, like… it’s hard to explain really.

Just a random example… If I was having that conversation and he sent me a “kissy face emoji”, my reply would have been something like this:

“I know you want me but, what would your girlfriend think? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Or
    :astonished: don’t do that ,you’re girlfriend would be jealous!”

Or
    “next time, aim for my lips, I promise it will be better.” – okay, maybe not this one but… yeah you get the point.