1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm self conscious

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Pie, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Pie

Pie Guest

Hi everyone,

Do you have any advices on getting some self confidence? When I walk in the street past someone I feel that that person is judging me and it triggers anxiety. How could I stop caring about what others think of me? Although it's logical that others' opinion has no reason to affect me, it still does. Why is that?

I'm especially self-conscious because I have a small chin/jaw (not protruding). And every man that is considered good looking has a big chunky jaw! Of course what I'm saying here is not always true but I can't get it out of my head! Any help?

#1 Pie, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  2. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Learn to love yourself. When I put time into my appearance and wear clothing that I like, it makes me feel good. When I feel good, I'm more confident. Chins don't matter to me.

3. June Cleaver

it's normal at your age to have reservations about your looks! My son went through this just after his 17th birthday, hating his features like Michael in his face! I pointed out that I thought his dad was HOT along with the endless supply of women that throw themselves at him! his sister Hailey' s mother drugged him to get him once two weeks before we met as she was too plain for him and he was really upset about it. Chance our son knew as everyone in the family did about it as she was family of his non blood uncle.he thought about what I said and realized mother was right! people don't focus on you in public unless you are creating a scene, dressed inappropriate, smell really bad like a derelict walking into a restaurant not bathing in months wreaking havoc, etc! The average adult does not notice kids around them that they aren't responsible for that are doing nothing wrong. I say kid not as a insult but to illustrate what most think passing you by as they are dealing with their busy day. now your peers I can't say as I am over four decades old and things have changed since I was 16 back in the 1980's. hope that'll help,oh you have ten years at least before your face fills in completely. look in my album at Michael' s face changes from sitting on that loveseat at 32yo to smelling the rose at 38yo he doesn't even look the same! it's on my profile. June

4. Pie

Pie Guest

Thanks for your replies :slight_smile:! It's reassuring to know I'm not the only going through this! I must say used not to put much time in my appearance but I decided to change that a month ago (school resumed), I bought some nice clothes, got a haircut,... and it did improve but I still don't feel overly confident. So I guess I'll just wait for it to pass or stop thinking about it completely.

#4 Pie, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  5. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try not to think about it as much as possible, or ignore it. It won't ever really go away complexly, but you can control it.

6. Guitar123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey Pie! This is what I ALWAYS do if i think someone is judging me. I think to myself ''what a complete knob! I mean hello! Im amazing thank you very much and you aint never gonna tell me otherwise bitch!'.........i dont know if thts made it better or worse xD but seriously bro just tell tou self tht your da man and you are the greatest! Hope this helps :slight_smile: