1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Over Crushes

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chromedome, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you master the art of dismissing and getting over crushes on guys who you don't even know are gay? I'm 17 and at around 16 I started to have a lot of obsessive crushes on my acquaintances. I had an obsessive fairly-tale crush on cute guy A, then a few weeks later I forgot about him and moved to guy B, then C, and i moved from guys D to E within one week! Now I think to myself wtf! i spent all that time and energy over this one guys when just like that i could forget him and move to another within weeks! Now even if i do get a little obsessed i can tell myself that I can forget this guys and find dozens more guys to dream about like nothing. What are your thoughts?

#1 Chromedome, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  2. NDark

There was a girl I obsessed over for a while, and what worked for me was thinking about everything I DIDN'T like about her and focussing on them. Soon, I no longer had a crush on her. Often, when you have a crush, you become blind towards anything you don't like about them and just see what you like. You need to see them for who they really are, and it won't be as difficult to get over them.