1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do now?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by williamsgeo, Sep 21, 2014.

1. williamsgeo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi all, first time here. Haven't used forums since I was a teen but I guess I really need advice. I've talked to friends about this who are giving me different answers.

Met a guy off t i n d e r (lol). Wasn't that excited to meet him as he was alright looking but not really a head turner. Thought I'd give it a shot and very quickly I started to like him. Natural chemistry, similar sense of humour, gorgeous smile and somehow he was really into me too. We kissed on the second date, met up a few times and I'd get the texts afterwards that would make me blush; 'if you never speak to me again I'm going to hunt you down' (I found that cute ok!). The icing on the cake was the amount of guys that would chat me up whilst I was out with him, so I'd look like a proper catch.

I told myself to be cautious with my feelings because I've been hurt real bad before (haven't we all) but like a 15 year old girl I let my mind wander and started getting excited about the future.

I was very disciplined with playing it cool. I hate playing games but I learned from experience not to come on too strong. The general vibe I gave off was 'I'm fond of you, but you're not my every thought'. But of course I thought of nothing else. As soon as I admitted to myself how much I liked him it was like someone flicked a switch. Suddenly he could only give me one word replies to my messages. He was also too busy to meet up anymore, insisting his studies for his law exams were being compromised.

Some friends told me he was playing hard to get, some told me I was being mugged off and I needed to get rid of him. Eventually he cancelled on me for another date and I suggested we had some space whilst he took care of his priorities. He told me he wanted us to keep talking but right now was bad timing. Feeling absolutely gutted I arranged a date with another guy for today. It was so boring. Now I'm sitting at home feeling utterly dead inside.

My heart tells me that this is partly due to him only coming out 2 months ago - it was all becoming too much too soon and he just needs some space to miss seeing me. My head tells me that he just lost interest, or that he was never really that into me to begin with and I got swept away.

I'm gutted that it was going so perfectly only to die a sudden, pointless death. I'm gutted that we never even had sex. I'm gutted that at 23 I've let myself feel like this all over again. I'm emotionally invested and I don't know whether to swallow my pride and try again in a few weeks, or do the 'right thing' and never talk to him again. It's been 2 days since we've spoken and I haven't felt a shred of happiness in that time. My friends tell me I'm way out of his league and that's why I love them, but I need honest strangers.

Any responses welcome.

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    is he genuine person (apart from being a poor communicator)

if he seems solid, there seems a good reason to try again even if just for a coffee or a film
    because you both would benefit from an honest conversation, you know, two-way

none of this one word texts. that is not communication

3. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds to like he doesn't like you unfortunately. :frowning2: The only sure way is to confront him about it and tell him to be honest.