1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planned Breakup?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bornthiswaybby, Sep 21, 2014.

1. bornthiswaybby

Hi

My boyfriend recently told me that he doesn't really want a relationship when he heads to university. We are both graduating from high school this year and I personally would want to keep dating him if we went to university, but he apparently doesn't feel the same way because of distance and schedule. I told him I was upset about it and that we maybe shouldn't even bother as we are then and he said "couples break up all the time, I don't see why it's such a huge deal. you either break up or get married" ... my issue is, why should I continue in a relationship that is being PLANNED to fall apart? I have unbelievably strong feelings for him and I don't want what we have to end, I don't know what I should do.

2. AsheTheHuman

I guess it's obvious you both have very different feelings about this. What's your heart telling you to do? Are you leaning one way or another? Personally, I'd probably want to go out on a 'one last hurrah' date, and then spend the rest of the time I have left doing all the other things I want to do. Hanging out with friends, going to all my favorite places, going to all the local conventions one last time... It sounds like your moving away. Enjoy your last year. I don't think I'd be interested in a relationship that's planned to end. I wish I could give more advice and not just what I'd do, but I think the only one who truly knows if it's worth it is you. You've got to follow your heart on this one. Good luck~

3. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

It's probably not a good idea to stay with him and develop even more feelings because it will eventually hurt more

4. PalestrinaMX

As much as it would hurt, I would end it.

5. xxemilyxx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it will hurt for you alot, but its not fair on YOU that you have to grow these feelings further on someone who doesnt treat you how you deserve, if he feels this way then im sorry but i think he isnt the one for you, end it before he hurts you further :frowning2:

6. Somnus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ouch.. Well at least he was being honest about it.
    Maybe just ending it would be better the longer your with someone the harder it gets.

7. bornthiswaybby

I completely understand where you're all coming from but it's hard for me to let him go, he's my first boyfriend and he took my virginity and first kiss and everything and I can't fathom breaking up with him. I know I should break up with him but I can't bring myself to do it, I'm stuck in a bad situation. Either way I'm going to be upset. This sucks

8. Blossom85

If you don't break up with him now.. From the sounds of it.. He will break if off when it gets closer to you finishing school.. Do you wanna go through the hurt and pain now or fall even more in love with him and have it hurt 100 thousand times worse when he leaves you.. It sounds like he doesn't want a future with you, so I think now is a good a time as any to begin your own new start on a future you deserve. First loves are very special, but I think you need to let him go now to make it easier on you.. If you break it off with him.. It might give him a chance to realize what he is missing out on with you not in his life anymore, so it could be a turning point in your lives and bring you closer.. You never know..