1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Dating Advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Runner5, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So pretty soon I plan on asking out a guy I met at my schools lgbt club. Only now I just realized that I don't actually know anything when it comes to dating guys. I've only ever been on a few dates before where I pretty much just acted the gentleman. I don't want him to think I'm treating him like a girl.

Am I right to think since I'm the one asking him out that I should take the lead ( paying and such), or are there other rules that I should be aware of? If I was asked out I wouldn't mind, but like I said I don't really know what I'm doing. Any advice?

2. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say, offer to pay, but if he wants to pay his share, let him. It's not a matter of dating a girl or guy, it's just that the person who invites the other usually offers to pay. It shouldn't offend him if you take the lead, seeing as you're the one who invited him. Hope this helps!

3. Skov

Just be yourself and try not to stress too much. There's nothing wrong with acting like a gentleman. There aren't really specific rules. Just some general guidelines I have:
    1) Don't come on too strong. It's okay to show interest, but don't make him uncomfortable.
    2) I would avoid talking about major problems too much on the first few dates.
    3) Try to relax. It's normal to be stressed, but do your best to relax. He will most likely be nervous too.
    4) Be yourself.

Best of luck

4. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good advice.