1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Best Friend Is In Love With Me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BoiGeorge, Sep 21, 2014.

1. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The other night my best friend of 2 years texted me admitting that she has been in love with me since she met me. We have always had little crushes on each other and considered dating at the end of last year, but we decided not to risk our friendship by getting into a relationship, plus my feelings for her were not like that. I mean, I had a crush on her, thought she was cute and would probably sleep with her, but I could not imagine being her girlfriend because I didn't like her in THAT way. I thought she felt the same. But apparently not, judging by her messages the other night.

She knows that I'm currently seeing a guy and this upsets her because in her words, "I've waited so long to have you and now I've missed my chance because you're seeing a boy now!" I love her dearly as my friend, but this has been a problem in our friendship from the start, because there has always been an awkward sexual tension between the two of us that neither of us have really acted upon so as not to ruin our friendship. But she has been acting quite jealous of Justin (the boy) and has been quite depressing to be around because she keeps bringing up how she won't ever be with me now. I don't want to lose my best friend, but I also need her to accept that I really like Justin and I don't want to break things off with him just so me and her can be together, seeing as I don't particularly want to date her.

What do I do? :dry:

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Well... I think she knows that you aren't really interested in that sort of relationship, so if it were me I'd just tell her what you're telling us. Let her cry it out, it doesn't mean she's trying to guilt you or anything.

3. will3834

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree