1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a little advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CrazyAwkward, Sep 22, 2014.

1. CrazyAwkward

Hey everyone! I used to visit this forum fairly regularly a couple years ago while I was beginning the process of coming out. I've since forgotten the email/username I used in those days so I've started fresh. I'm here again because I feel like I need some advice and this was the first place that came to mind.

I've been on a few dates since coming out. The first was pretty awful. To the point I wish I could erase it from my memory. The second was much better even though it was still a little weird at times. And we kept in touch for awhile afterwards while she traveled abroad, but various things kept it from going any further than that. But all that only has a little bit to do with the advice I'm looking for now.

Yesterday I hung out with I girl I've been talking to for awhile online. We got a bite to eat and walked around the city for a bit. Overall it was pretty nice. There was some awkwardness, but that's always the case when I meet someone for the first time in any situation. But even when it was a bit awkward it didn't feel cringe-worthy. At least not to me. She could feel totally different about the whole thing. Which brings me to why I'm here. We've talked a bit since then and it hasn't seemed strained or different then before. I'd like to ask if she'd like to get together again sometime. I feel like there'd be less uneasiness the second time around, but I'm not sure if we're on the same page there. She's a very kind person, which is one of the things I like about her, so I can't help but wonder if she's still talking to to spare my feelings or something. But at the same time I don't think that's something she'd do. Obviously the only way to find out is to stop being so fuckin neurotic and just ask. Sometimes that's easier to do when I get input from an outside source. So... :help:

All opinions welcome. Even if you just tell me to stop being a big baby and just ask :icon_razz

2. Rainbows~Exist

Stop being a big baby and just ask :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. CrazyAwkward

Haha thanks! Yeah I'm just gonna do it when we talk later.

4. Blossom85

Hi and Welcome back..

I do agree that you never know until you ask, as hard and nerve wracking a thing as it might be, you don't get things in life without asking.. And you don't want to live your life with regrets. If she doesn't want to.. Then you will know.. If she does.. Then it could be the ice that needed to be broken.. She might be waiting for the same thing, unsure of what to do next and where to go.. If neither person asks, then you are never gonna know.. At least if you ask and her answer is no.. You will know and can then move onto someone else. If she says yes, you never know where it could end up.

5. CrazyAwkward

Thanks for the welcome back :slight_smile: I did try to start up a conversation last night but so far have received no response. Which isn't completely unusual, but the timing of it makes me think that's my answer right there. I guess I'll know for sure if nothing changes by this afternoon.

6. WannaBeMe

Yeah, welcome back. And for anything time wise, try to text or whatever you use to chat when you will know that she is on. And just because she didn't answer doesn't mean that she is avoiding or ignoring you. If the conversation you tried to start up was through texting, her phone might have gone wonky and didn't receive the message. Like one time my grandmothers phone didn't get some texts until almost a week after they were sent.

7. CrazyAwkward

Thank you :slight_smile:

And yeah cellphones can be a pain. We use a text app though so I can see when messages go through ok and are read. I did bring up the possibility of meeting up again but the topic was ignored, and conversation has been sporadic and pretty much without substance. So I really see no point in continuing messaging anymore. I'll give it another couple days but if nothing changes I'll say sayonara.