1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never dated before!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Trixxster, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Trixxster

As the title says, I've never dated before and yet I'm a grown ass adult. (18 and 1/2) :icon_redf

My problem is twofold: 1. I've never dated and therefore have no experience with this stuff. Obviously the best way to solve that problem is to just go and do it, but I'm worried my inexperience will really turn people off and make it harder to meet someone. I don't want to be some weirdo and obsessive, but I've never done this before and I'm afraid I might be all awkward since it'll be a first time for me! Now that I'm more comfortable with my sexuality I want to go out and date, but I've never even dated anyone! I have no idea what I'm doing!

2. I'm not sure the best way to meet gay singles in my area. Dating itself seems daunting enough, but add to the mix being gay and it gets worse, cause not only do you have to fear rejection, you have to make sure you're actually asking someone who is gay or you might be in trouble. We only have 3 gay bars in the city I live nearest. (Which is about 45 minutes away (I live on an acreage), give or take a bit depending on traffic) And to be honest the prospect of an actual gay bar really scares me. Obviously I could meet people in university, but I'm taking a year off to make money and save up so that won't be for awhile.

So what do you guys suggest I do?

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I am 24 and I've never really dated either. Closest I've had to being with someone were online relationships, but I've never have done the face to face thing. Don't be afraid, especially considering how young you are- people will understand. I know some lesbians that find lack of experience to be a turn-on or are neutral about it. There's someone for everyone.

As for two....there's online dating for finding people in your area, and meeting friends who you later find out is LGBT is a possibility as well.

3. Ashestopheonix

Well coming from someone who feels inadequate in the dating world herself, I know where you're coming from
    I think a lot of people don't have as much experience as we think. Not to mention there are a bunch of people who actually find inexperience attractive or cute (or so I have to believe) so I wouldn't worry about that too much. I think it's the person that matters and once you find one you mesh with then the rest will follow.

As far as finding places to meet people there are always options. Question is what are you comfortable with? Personally I find meeting someone in person is best and sometimes that just happens on its own in public places like a coffee shop or college ( although you mentioned that's not on your agenda right now). Look around for local events and try to create opportunities. If you're not sure where to look as unhelpful as it sounds the internet can be a grear tool for finding local gatherings. There's more gay people out there than you think you just gotta find them. :slight_smile:

4. Trixxster

Thanks for the advice guys! Here's hoping there really are more gay people than I think.